Page 100 of 148 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2953
  1. #1981  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Ok, so sometimes I see posted build #268 and #299 which one will we end up with?
    299 would make sense. 268 would not.

    -- Rod
  2. #1982  
    I wasn't logged into my Sprint account. Simply type WebOS in the Sprint search bar in the upper-right. The first link in the results is "Find and update the software version on your Palm Pre".
  3. #1983  
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    I wasn't logged into my Sprint account. Simply type WebOS in the Sprint search bar in the upper-right. The first link in the results is "Find and update the software version on your Palm Pre".
    I just did this and yes it's listed as being released today.
  4. #1984  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's pretty much what the Doctor is - a full version. Once the new update comes out, the Doctor version is usually released shortly after. You will be able to download that updated version of the Doctor and install.
    ..but wouldn't the Doctor erase the data on my phone? I don't want to loose all of my paid games or Preware applications. I don't have a way of putting them back on without an internet connection. I wish there was a program that would allow me to connect to an http proxy with my Pre. I asked for help in the forum on this last month. Still no answer. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ttp-proxy.html
  5. #1985  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    ..but wouldn't the Doctor erase the data on my phone? I don't want to loose all of my paid games or Preware applications. I don't have a way of putting them back on without an internet connection. I wish there was a program that would allow me to connect to an http proxy with my Pre. I asked for help in the forum on this last month. Still no answer. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ttp-proxy.html
    There is, but you would need to be very comfortable with the Linux command line, Optware, and cross-compilation to be able to use it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. jasqid's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    #1986  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I just did this and yes it's listed as being released today.
    Probly not till this evening. After business hours so the traffic doesnt interrupt business customers. Wasn't 1.4.1.1 launched around 8pm?
    Last edited by jasqid; 08/10/2010 at 09:24 AM.
  7. #1987  
    Support - Article

    Link for what Bev was mentioning...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8. #1988  
    Wow, it's been almost 5 months since the 1.4.1.1 update. This would be the longest gap between updates since the Pre was launched.
  9. #1989  
    Support - Article

    Pixi one.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  10. #1990  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Support - Article

    Link for what Bev was mentioning...
    Front page article now.
  11. #1991  
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12. #1992  
    What in this world does this mean "Correct entry of text on Web"?..Does it mean that when you type on forums, the screen will follow?
    Its really annoying that i have to scroll using my finger again and again. Hopefully they address the keyboard issue on the next update.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  13. #1993  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Wow, it's been almost 5 months since the 1.4.1.1 update. This would be the longest gap between updates since the Pre was launched.
    Kinda pathetic considering it's such a minor update.
  14. #1994  
    1.4.5 does a lot under the hood that you probably won't directly notice. I was pretty excited about proper jailing of pdk apps so that they don't have a memory leak, use all system ram and crash your phone. I've been rock solid since I went to 1.4.5 whereas I was crashing every day with 1.4.1.1
  15. #1995  
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    1.4.5 does a lot under the hood that you probably won't directly notice. I was pretty excited about proper jailing of pdk apps so that they don't have a memory leak, use all system ram and crash your phone. I've been rock solid since I went to 1.4.5 whereas I was crashing every day with 1.4.1.1
    You must have a defective Pre, mine's never crashed from PDK apps. TMC errors sure but never a crash.
  16. #1996  
    I just want major battery optimization and more API's already.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  17. #1997  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I just want major battery optimization and more API's already.
    Additional API's have been promised by v2.0...Mic and camera API's at least
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18. #1998  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Kinda pathetic considering it's such a minor update.
    Seriously??? "Pathetic"??? The release was done weeks ago, and there were some issues discovered. Palm went back to the labs and reworked the update, then sent it to the carriers.

    All of this in the midst of a corporate takeover and all the "fun" that details. Yeah, there's something "pathetic" going on here, but I don't really think it's Palm...
  19. #1999  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I just want major battery optimization and more API's already.

    I just want the Pre plus (or new HPalm hardware!) available on Sprint. Sadly, a software update won't help with that. But I'll take what I can get I guess.
  20. #2000  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    You must have a defective Pre, mine's never crashed from PDK apps. TMC errors sure but never a crash.
    I've seen "Critical Error" crashes and the TMC, but so far the 1.4.5 update seems to have cleared this up. Crosses fingers. So far, so good. I have a Sprint Pre BTW.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions