Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    Welcome to the 3D Gaming party Pixi users. Doors aren't open yet though.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i'm not sure i can wait much longer. Maybe if i downgrade, then upgrade to 1.4.1 again, it'll help my cravings.

seriously, we're not really being given any indications...
    it would sure be nice if 1.4.5 would make my phone actually unlock properly... instead of you know, sometimes nothing happening when i press the power button or open it, or the screen turns on but its frozen for about 2-3 secs, among other odd behaviors.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    personally i'd love an option to get rid of the unlock once and for all. How likely is the power button to get hit in my pocket? And if it does, what's in my pocket that would possibly affect a capacitive touch screen? (no dirty jokes please).

The whole concept, which is basically from apple, is flawed. There's no need for an unlock screen. In fact, the only time you'd need a slide to unlock is on a RESISTIVE touchscreen like windows mobile or palm os.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    personally i'd love an option to get rid of the unlock once and for all. How likely is the power button to get hit in my pocket? And if it does, what's in my pocket that would possibly affect a capacitive touch screen? (no dirty jokes please).

The whole concept, which is basically from apple, is flawed. There's no need for an unlock screen. In fact, the only time you'd need a slide to unlock is on a RESISTIVE touchscreen like windows mobile or palm os.
    I have noticed several times that when I take my Pre out of my case, the screen turns on. Not sure what's triggering it, but it is possible to turn the Pre on without hitting the power button. In a pocket, the thin layer of pocket material might still allow enough conduction between your leg and the screen. Here's an experiment: cover your finger with a tshirt and try to use your Pre. It works, more or less. So I think the unlock is necessary. I do love the fact that you can just slide the keyboard out to turn on and unlock all in one quick, useful motion.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    it would sure be nice if 1.4.5 would make my phone actually unlock properly... instead of you know, sometimes nothing happening when i press the power button or open it, or the screen turns on but its frozen for about 2-3 secs, among other odd behaviors.
    That's true--the most frustrating thing is when you slide open the Pre and the screen turns on for a moment, then goes black. You either end up waiting a few minutes or accidentally restarting. It's a very annoying bug.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Capacitive can easily be triggered through fabric. Have you never cleaned your screen with a cloth while it was on just to throw a card or two off the screen? Happened to me so often I always switch the screen off to wipe it these days.

Some sort of unlock does seem necessary. What I do most of the time is to slide my phone open - I need my keyboard often anyway, and I have a fully functional device right away with no need to unlock.
    Palm news seems to be scarce as of late. A new update may take my mind off that though.

Oh and...

I got a fevah.

And tha only cure...

is moar updates.
    Yes! A Bayonetta reference! Awesome game. Or maybe you were referring to that SNL cowbell skit.
    Wow very minimal news re: the 1.4.5 update.
    I saw the email that palm sent out to devs stating to prepare their apps for the new OS, but does anyone have any idea WHAT will be added, other than the usual refinements in battery life and support for PDK?

the phone, atleast for me, keeps improving with each incremental update- have VZW so thats really only 2 updates for me.

Besides what has already been stated by palm in that email- any word on if more launcher pages will be added, categories of pages, an official virtual keyboard, landscape messaging and email, different color schemes (ie palm OS days, remember "rain" and "original" and "plum" etc.). I know these are all available as "patches" which I do have, but I also know plenty of folks with pre pluses that dont know how to or dont want to patch their phone and keep it stock. I think to improve the user experience palm should make some of these patches standard.

what about new APIs, including microphone and more camera editing features?

any idea on a release date? I know it will be out on sprint first, vzw a month or so later (and i have a feeling WILL include the gps ap), who knows about att...its the end of may, so I figure its time for a new update, yet the update chatter is the quietest I have ever seen on this board- this implies either that many of the outspoken have left palm to an android device or most of us are satified enough with the phone as it is now...however, with the nature of this board, I doubt the latter.

maybe I can instigate some more chatter???

I dunno, I like the screen. It's useful to have it there to see notifications at a glance. if it went straight to the OS (or unlock passcode), you'd have to expand the notification area.
    I'd like to see an official virtual keyboard - horizontal/vertical... one that allows backspacing and enter, and appears/disappears when itz supposed to and one that acts normall 100% of the time. The virtual one available now is good, but can really suck at times.
    The news coming out of palm has been dry. Tidbits keep me attached, don't they relize this?
    Palm and the homebrew community has pretty much taken care of what I want in WebOS. I'm still waiting for the GPU to be fully integrated into WebOS though
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    The news coming out of palm has been dry. Tidbits keep me attached, don't they relize this?
    Here, for news from Palm, you can check this out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...-may-26-a.html
    this is news about future webOS devices and what hp has in store for palm.

new device news is always exciting, but I just got my pre plus in january and who knows when and even if verizon will bring us another webOS phone this year. I plan on keeping my phone for the full year, and I will be eligble for an annual upgrade then.

soooo...I am interested in what is in store for the current crop of webOS devices...software updates have been occurring every 4-6 weeks and so it's time and we know 1.4.5 is soon to be released based on this schedule, yet we have no idea what's coming. With 1.4 we got video recording, with 1.4.11 we got intl app catalog support...whats in store for 1.4.5???

anyone?
    I've been anticipating for the past 3 days straight. It's starting to hurt.
    Wasn't it one of the devs that was saying that 1.4.5 only has minor updates. Nothing as significant as video recording was for 1.4
    This anticipation is giving me constipation.......
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    This anticipation is giving me constipation.......
    Anticipation cheese is evil cheese.