1.    #1  
    I have been trying to paste a password from an email or P2Snippets into the password section of my WIFI. The problem is when ever I select either paste of button +V the WIFI box shrinks and does hold the password.

Does anyone know who to overcome this problem?

Please help
    What is stopping you from typing it in? Could be an e=nbeded space you don't see, or non-standard ascii code.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    What is stopping you from typing it in? Could be an e=nbeded space you don't see, or non-standard ascii code.

Its non-standard ascii code and very long.. Is this a bug with the Pre?
    ....Why cant you just type it in? lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    ....Why cant you just type it in? lol
    100 Characters + and If I need to do similar again, I'd prefer a work around.. Why can you help?
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    100 Characters + and If I need to do similar again, I'd prefer a work around.. Why can you help?
    How about you make it shorter?
    Do you have a router?
    go to windows search, enter "CMD" into windows search, open the command window and then type this command. ipconfig /all (mak sure you put the space)
    And then find your "getaway IP". Type that into your browser url bar. Your password for the router is usually username : Admin and password : Admin

But, if you want to copy all that, try using the key right underneath the orange key to highlight the text and then go to the menu and copy it and then paste it in the password box (if it lets you)
    100 characters? Are you still using WEP?

Use WPA2 and set a shorter password.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    100 characters? Are you still using WEP?

Use WPA2 and set a shorter password.
    WPA and its long.

My point is, I just want to be able to paste into the WIFI Password section. Is it a bug thats not letting me do it or too much text?
    WPA and its long.

My point is, I just want to be able to paste into the WIFI Password section. Is it a bug thats not letting me do it or too much text?
    Hello...

How about you make it shorter?
    Do you have a router?
    go to windows search, enter "CMD" into windows search, open the command window and then type this command. ipconfig /all (make sure you put the space)
    And then find your "getaway IP". Type that into your browser url bar. Your password for the router is usually username : Admin and password : Admin

But, if you want to copy all that, try using the key right underneath the orange key to highlight the text and then go to the menu and copy it and then paste it in the password box (if it lets you)
    WPA and its long.

Might be too long. Why is it 100 characters? That's insane.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    way too long...
  12.    #12  
    Thanks to ever one for their help. In the end I shortened the PW and typed it in.

Just running PocketMirror now as I type
    100+ characters?!?!?! its a friggen router sir not a nuclear missile silo
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    100+ characters?!?!?! its a friggen router sir not a nuclear missile silo

hehe, overly cautious springs to mind
    How are you trying to paste? I just tried a 100 plus char password with numbers, letters and symbols. It worked just fine using gesture + C. I could not paste with edit then paste.

It may be some of your extended ascii throwing it off. What symbols are you using (non alpha numeric)?