it still amazes me how many people don't know about the pre...
    It sounds impressive that its a top ten phone until you realize that if you asked consumers to name cell phones, or smart phones they could probably come up with about 3-4 names and be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    it still amazes me how many people don't know about the pre...
    Yeah, the Pre is still relatively unknown. I get questions about it whenever someone sees me operating it. They're amazed by it, but they have no idea what it is. That just furthers my belief that the lack of sales has more to do with poor advertising than the hardware mistakes that still plague many of the units. You can't be an iPhone killer if everyone knows the iPhone but no one knows your phone. Hence, these polls and rankings mean very little actually.

The fact is Palm has lost momentum even after launching on a number of carriers. They failed to capitalize on the early buzz, and even the diehards on the forum have to be able to admit that. We all have what is perhaps the best mobile operating system created, but the general public knows nothing about it and what it can do. Maybe that's where HP comes in and saves the day.

Disclaimer: I'm not bashing iPhone, but they're widely regarded as the standard at the moment.
    HP/Palm has to spend their own money to pay all the good developers to make good apps for Pre, atleast for exist one. And try to bring apps for Pre at the sametime as other Smartphone.

People want good and useful apps on their smartphone. Developers need to make money so they only target the bigger market like Iphone and Android.

Smartphone is only as good as how many good applications are there. So far, Pre is lack of tons of very useful applications on the market.