1.    #1  
    I've seen couple of people report this issues but anyway today I got few Korean and Japanese music, sure enough my Pre Plus freezed and rebooted itself. I used builtin Music player and tried on Music Remix. Music remix just stuck on the loading screen and reboot. I believe this is definately issue with the new firmware, anyone else got the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I've seen couple of people report this issues but anyway today I got few Korean and Japanese music, sure enough my Pre Plus freezed and rebooted itself. I used builtin Music player and tried on Music Remix. Music remix just stuck on the loading screen and reboot. I believe this is definately issue with the new firmware, anyone else got the problem?
    I can't say for Korean, but I have a bunch of Japanese tracks with UTF-8 coded ID3 tags that work just fine, kanji and kana display fine. I even have several contacts in Japanese.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I can't say for Korean, but I have a bunch of Japanese tracks with UTF-8 coded ID3 tags that work just fine, kanji and kana display fine. I even have several contacts in Japanese.
    Thanks. I tested out my Japanese Music and yes indeed it works. I think it's Korean music. I put back the Korean music and it crashed my Pre Plus again.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Thanks. I tested out my Japanese Music and yes indeed it works. I think it's Korean music. I put back the Korean music and it crashed my Pre Plus again.
    I have the same issue with a mix of Russian and American music on my phone. This happens whether a Russian or American song is playing. I have not tried it with only American music yet, but I can tell you that this only started happening after WebOS 1.4 update. Sometimes it crashes immediately, other times after a while, but it always crashes eventually.
  5.    #5  
    I just wish that Palm knows about this issue. And hopely they fix this bug on next firmware. Is there any place I can make a ticket for this bug? Make them aware of this issue?
    I'm not familiar much with music formats and language packages but is the korean music not in the UTF-8 format?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Is there a distributable copy of a song that you are having issues with? Is it an MP3, wav, other? Can you post the codec and rate (eg. MPEG-2 Layer 3, 2050Hz 32 kb/s , Monophonic).
    I think its not related to the ID3 tag or encoding issues.
    Would it be the filename issues? Is the filename using other language characters?