1.    #1  
    i might order another phone and i was wondering how do i send my contacts without going into a sprint store to transfer?
    It depends on what the other phone is, what formats/utilities it supports, and how you have your contacts stored/synced on the Pre (what type of account ... i.e. Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Palm Profile).
    Last edited by davis.rob; 06/02/2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    i might order another phone and i was wondering how do i send my contacts without going into a sprint store to transfer?
    Are your contacts stored in Palm profile, or in Google? If in Google it is simple, just get them from google.

If in Palm profile, I believe the only somewhat automated option is the "Send All Contacts via Email" homebrew app.

You can of course extract them from the Palm database file on your Pre too, but this is somewhat convoluted and complex.
    Sync to Google, seems like the easiest way to me.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Sync to Google, seems like the easiest way to me.
    Unfortunately there is no easy way to sync your Palm Profile contacts to Google.

In fact, there is **NO** easy way to manage your Palm Profile contacts. You can use the send contacts via email app, then load them into Google, then add your Google acct to your contacts app, BUT, your Palm Profile contacts are still there -- you have to go and manually delete them from the contacts app.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm moving to the Evo this Friday. Just used the send all contacts to email. Like Mikey47 said I wasn't about to bring these into Outlook because Microsoft only sees one contact in the card. I imported them into a new gmail contact group. Hopefully they will transfer easily this Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    I'm moving to the Evo this Friday. Just used the send all contacts to email. Like Mikey47 said I wasn't about to bring these into Outlook because Microsoft only sees one contact in the card. I imported them into a new gmail contact group. Hopefully they will transfer easily this Friday.
    The outlook issue is due to how the vcf file is built (but we won't go deep into that topic ).

You can search for a vcard separator to break it into multiple vcards and then import them or import the vcf it into Address Book (XP - Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Address Book) then dump it as a CSV. Outlook will then be able to import the CSV with all contacts.