1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where the definitive instructions for restoring your Pre after you use webOS doctor are?

The best I've seen is here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2449475 (props to BabyDaddy75)

I would expect to see the instructions located in the Preware page from webOS Internals (Application:Preware - WebOS Internals) but it is not there.

Is there a post somewhere that has slipped by my radar on this? Anyone willing to write such a document and submit it to the webOS Internals guys?
    I think the best instrutions/documentation can be found here: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I think the best instrutions/documentation can be found here: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals

Spader, yes, but isn't this just part of the restore process? This just restores application data. But, what about patches, etc?

Never having used the restore functionality of SaveRestore, I see that it supports Preware, does that mean the process might just look like this:

1. Run SaveRestore to backup your application data.
    2. Doctor your phone.
    3. Reinstall Preware via WOSQI.
    4. Run SaveRestore to restore your application data.
    5. Run Preware, go to "Saved Package List" and run "Install All".

Or are there additional steps necessary?
    That should be it for the application data...

I believe your installed Patch data is stored on the /media/internal section so that the patches can be restored using Preware as well...
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    patches are retstored from the Preware App. At the bottom of the opening list is "Saved Package List" to save your Preware config. It creates a folder on the USB drive area that you can copy to your PC, and then back to the phone after doctoring....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    patches are retstored from the Preware App. At the bottom of the opening list is "Saved Package List" to save your Preware config. It creates a folder on the USB drive area that you can copy to your PC, and then back to the phone after doctoring....
    Yep, but you don't even have to do that unless doctoring to 1.2.1 or earlier (or doing a full erase first).