Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Help! I went to the movies Saturday and turned off my ringer. I can't get it to turn back on. Everything in Sounds and Ringtones is set for regular ringtones and high volume. Toggling the switch does nothing.

Is there an override in the keyboard or in any software?

I keep missing calls because I'm only in vibrate mode.

It seems mechanical, but I'm loathe to open the phone. Does Verizon have a phone warranty? I've had it since January.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had thought it might be a mechanical problem so I took out the battery, physically cleaned everything and started up again.

The volume switch works for EVERYTHING (music, audio, etc.) except the ringer volume. The ringer volume doesn't budge from 'off'. So it seems a software problem.

Help! I've restarted. Would some kind of 'restore' work? I have a lot of stuff on the phone I'd rather not lose. I reset a few weeks ago because of a problem with the Google Maps patch and I'd rather not do it again.
    The Palm warranty is one year.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. I FORGOT that there is a switch on the top of the phone to turn the ringer off. Obviously I remembered it when I turned the ringer off. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Flipped the switch, all is copacetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by nxd10 View Post
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. I FORGOT that there is a switch on the top of the phone to turn the ringer off. Obviously I remembered it when I turned the ringer off. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Flipped the switch, all is copacetic.
    This has made my day
    We forget the most obvious things sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nxd10 View Post
    I did that, too!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton