Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How's this for all the complainers that say the Pre has poor build quality? I was standing on the 2nd floor of a retail building in the backroom and dropped my Pre to the bottom floor through a frieght transport shaft right on to concrete. Not a single scratch! I couldn't believe it. I've dropped it from 5 feet and had a few chips, but 25?!?! Anybody else have any miraculous saves?

And by the way... I'm sending this message from my Pre. Gotta love it.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Touchstone back?
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I have sent mine to the pavement about 3 or 4 times. Thankfully I have a Bodyguardz skin on it. Not a scratch on it and works perfectly
    You must have gotten the altitude air bag deployment recognition option. ;-)

I've dropped mine twice from about 4 - 5 feet to concrete and barely a scratch on the corners.
    i think this is a coincidence, drop it again to prove it wasn't
    Just dropped mine about 3 feet out of pocket onto a wood deck, unfortunately right on the corner and I think I have a hairline crack on my screen edge under my Phantomskinz screen protector. Good thing I have insurance on it.
    Dropped mine multiple times from about 4-5 feet. Screen has small chips out of it, however still works. I also now have stress cracks sideways on the screen, however everything still works. Just waiting for the Palm Pre Plus to get to Sprint so I can upgrade.
    Yeah I already have the Pre+ on Verizon. Ever since I started buying smartphones back with the 700p I started paying the insurance fee on it. Has saved me a few times - twice with my 700p and once with my Centro. And now evidently once with my Pre+. Just deciding when I want to take it in. Need to do it when I know I have a few days where I won't be that reliant on needing the phone.
    OK can someone tell me again why we are doing this? I need my phone and want a good reason if I am going to start testing its durability, lol.
    Last edited by copasetic; 06/02/2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo
    You must be living right!
    Haha. Memories of the slippery bar of soap syndrome when it was raining. Went to text my mate, pulled the phone out of my pocket and it was like a bar of soap and slipped out of my hands. Dropped it and it must have travelled about 5 feet and kept bouncing. Not a scratch on it.

Yet, when I dropped my ipod touch from about a foot off the floor the other day, the screen broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    How's this for all the complainers that say the Pre has poor build quality? I was standing on the 2nd floor of a retail building in the backroom and dropped my Pre to the bottom floor through a frieght transport shaft right on to concrete. Not a single scratch! I couldn't believe it. I've dropped it from 5 feet and had a few chips, but 25?!?! Anybody else have any miraculous saves?

And by the way... I'm sending this message from my Pre. Gotta love it.
    You got damned lucky is all. Try it again to prove it wasn't a fluke.
    Remember all the Timex watch commercials from the 60s & 70s where they put their watches through all kinds of abuse and they "keep on ticking" ?

Sounds like you have the makings for a good Palm commercial!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I have a launch day Pre, was in perfect condition... my wife dropped it, on the concrete patio. Major scratch.

I still love her... mostly... I guess.

not a scratch. but did it show any oreo/misalignment? or did it the back pop off?
    I feel almost obligated to say

The results depicted are not typical individual results may vary.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

Hah... True that
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

Yes, but Palm should offer to buy it from him and put it in a museum. I worked for a laptop maker many years ago, and they did that when a customer ran their laptop over and it survived... Traded him for a shiny new one so they could use the one with tire tracks in their executive briefing center...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Dropped mine from my hand and now the top plastic on the phone is cracked up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast