1.    #1  
    I've been browsing around to try to score an AT&T Pre Plus for unlocking and importing, so I've been looking at several online sources to try to find one, and find a way to get it shipped to Canada. But I've noticed one thing about the full price:

AT&T seems only one selling it at the MSRP $399.99. So far almost every place, it's selling for well above that, even at Best Buy, it's $499.99. eBay prices are even crazier, most units are well above MSRP as well, and I only found one used one that's 4 bucks below $399.99 at $395.99.

Is the AT&T Pre Plus that much of a hot commodity?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    its for sure a supply problem when pre plus goes for over 500 bucks on ebay. makes it really tempting to sell a newly aquired phone on ebay and just go back to the crappy old phone i have been using. Some people are rich and dont care about price too.
    I bought mine for $439 including tax at the local AT&T store. Sold it yesterday unlocked for $440 on Craigslist. The guy actually could not find a store that would sell it to him for full price either.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****hay View Post
    I bought mine for $439 including tax at the local AT&T store. Sold it yesterday unlocked for $440 on Craigslist. The guy actually could not find a store that would sell it to him for full price either.
    Wow! a dollar profit!

Seriously, what do you mean you bought and then sold for a dollar more?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Wow! a dollar profit!

Seriously, what do you mean you bought and then sold for a dollar more?
    Didn't expect a big "profit" with the Pre, just wanted the chance to experience webOS for myself. I've been entranced with the Pre since it came out on Sprint a year ago, so I finally got a chance to play with a real Pre Plus and WebOS for about 2 weeks. I realized very quickly it was awesome, but it wasn't for me and sold it to someone who wanted it for what I got it for. I think that's decent, don't you think? Also figured I would help someone out by selling to them since I knew most stores in the area wouldn't without an AT&T account. Low and behold, the guy told me he wanted to buy mine because no AT&T store in the area would sell it to him at full price.

No need to make fun of my dollar profit, it was just my experience of first buying then selling full price AT&T Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****hay View Post
    No need to make fun of my dollar profit...
    That just sounds so endearing!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=*****hay;2488940]Didn't expect a big "profit" with the Pre, just wanted the chance to experience webOS for myself.

"I'd buy that for a dollar"......................profit
    I bought my Pre+ unsubsidized from the ATT store. Paid $399 + tax. 3 weeks later and I am really starting to enjoy it. Just wish there were more enhancements to the calendar.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    whats interesting if I go to AT&T's website and plug in my zip code and click on the palm pre plus under the smartphone area then no contract the purchase price is $399.99. However if I log into my AT&T account then click on the upgrade phone options for my family plan the buy it price for the no contract palm pre plus is $435.00.

Wonder how AT&T is adding in the additional 30 something bucks, activation fee?

damn you AT&T ! ;>