1.    #1  
    Did anyone else receive an email today from Verizon inviting them to in-store training for the Pre? It sounded almost like a seminar or at least special event. Pretty good to see them doing that for Palm, or maybe Palm is paying them to do it ... either way it's good to see.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Did anyone else receive an email today from Verizon inviting them to in-store training for the Pre? It sounded almost like a seminar or at least special event. Pretty good to see them doing that for Palm, or maybe Palm is paying them to do it ... either way it's good to see.
    That's interesting. I was at Verizon store checking price on TS and when I walked in every single Verizon employee had on a black t-shirt that said "Droid Incredible". It looked like strictly a Droid store. Complete overkill.

I asked how Pre Plus was doing and the rep said "not so good". I almost felt strange asking a question about a phone other than the droid.

For some type of seminar or training on Pre to occur would only be because Palm is putting money towards this. Verizon or any other supplier won't do it for any other reason. It would be great to see this happen. This phone deserves the attention.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I got this when I activated my Pre in a Verizon store. I thought it was a program that was built into the phone.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    No e-mail here, but I did receive the hand-holding in the store when I bought my Pre Plus.

Stupid question - Did you pick up your phone in-store, or buy it through the Verizon web site? If you bought it via mail, perhaps they are just offering you the same hand-holding overview that everyone who purchased a phone at the store received upon delivery?

Now, if Verizon was actually offering group training sessions for all Pre+ customers, think about how much fun us forum members could have by attending those trainings with phones loaded up with the latest goodies from the online community.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    No e-mail here, but I did receive the hand-holding in the store when I bought my Pre Plus.

Stupid question - Did you pick up your phone in-store, or buy it through the Verizon web site? If you bought it via mail, perhaps they are just offering you the same hand-holding overview that everyone who purchased a phone at the store received upon delivery?
    I bought mine in-store, but I didn't receive any hand-holding whatsoever. I asked a couple of questions and got the right answers so far as I can tell, but there was no move made to give me any training. On the flip-side, they didn't try to talk me into a Droid either
    that is good to hear. My one experience with Verizon regarding the pre was not good. I convinced a friend to get a pre but when she went to the Verizon store they told her it was 'too complicated' and suggested she try other phones. She got it anyway and absolutely loves it.