1.    #1  
    I have been having this ongoing problem with my Touchstone charger I bought from RadioShack. (The same constant "bing-bong"ing issue that many people have had)Of course, all the RadioShacks near me are completely sold out and are no longer receiving any shipments, so the associate told me they could not honor my warranty. So I took a stroll over to palm.com/support, and fired up the support chat. After 30 seconds of wait time and a 5 minute chat with a support rep, Palm is now shipping me out a new touchstone for free! On top of that, they said that I do not even need to return the old one, I can just do what I want with it.

I have to give my kudos to Palm, for standing behind their (albeit poorly designed) devices, even when a 3rd party retailer refuses to make things right. And talk about convenience too!

anybody else have similar stories?
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    You think the Touchstone is poorly designed? Many think it is one of the best accessories in the market.

Are you sure you are using the Palm OEM charger with the touchstone btw? Another food for thought is that no product is free from manufacturing errors.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Not the Touchstone. I know the touchstones work great(minus one of mine). The poorly designed statement referred to their the palm pre hardware(oreo issue, power button issue, usb port crack issue, loose battery issue, etc. etc.)
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    i bought 4 touchstones from RS, one Monday. I have one with bingbong.., a piece of cardstock eliminates it from happening, but i am going to return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    You think the Touchstone is poorly designed? Many think it is one of the best accessories in the market.

Are you sure you are using the Palm OEM charger with the touchstone btw? Another food for thought is that no product is free from manufacturing errors.
    How is that related to the OP question? why do you concentrate on a different point than what the OP is trying to talk about? Why are some people so defensive?

I don't know!
    have three here no problems!
    glad Palm gave you such great support hope if i ever need it i will get the same treatment
  7.    #7  
    Just an update, not only did they send me out a new touchstone, but they FedEx'ed it, Overnight from Sunnyvale to NJ! That would cost a normal person(without any business discounts) $50.11!