1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble getting the regular Redbox page to load on their Pre? I get an error message and a partial top banner of the website.
    I haven't been on there since last Friday, but had no trouble then. Edit: it is displaying a page error. It is a server-side error. Clearing cache didn't fix it, and I don't want to clear my cookies to see if it is something carrying over from a previous browsing session.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/01/2010 at 05:59 PM.
    Tried it on my Pre and got a script error on the site. Not a device issue, but an issue with the page.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Glad to know it's not just me. Thanks for checking.
    This quit working for me two or three days ago. I tried clearing cookies and cache and history to see if it would help and it didn't. I wonder if anyone with the iPhone browser patch is also having this problem?
    I too go to the Reddest Box of all time and space and have had problems maybe within the past couple months. It used to work last year on the Pre's browser but not anymore and I've tried the cookie/history thing, and turning Java off. No luck. It is really frustrating. Would love an App for this.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Redbox.com even fails to load in Opera on my PC. It gets an XML error : XML parsing failed: syntax error (Line: 90, Character: 60)

It's a shame that the Redbox app in the catalog costs more than a movie rental. Now that I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my Pre, it may be worth picking the app up though.
    I can't access it from my phone either. I keep getting : This page contains the following errors: error on line 90 at column 48: EntityRef: expecting ';'

Strange thing is that I can access the redbox.com from my pc @ home and work.

I am having all kind of problems with this Pre all of sudden. I am getting really mad at this thing. I use to browse full web pages and now its like it doesn't like those anymore and goes to the mobile site instead. ex. target.com, weather.com, facebook.com.
    I bought the Reboxed app last weekend so I could reserve movies from my phone easier. Well worth it. That's why I didn't notice the site was down, because I had been checking the site from my phone before that.
    The trick is to use www.redbox.com/M

The main site and redbox.com/mobile apparently don't render well on the pre and apparently just shows/redirects to an iphone app add - redbox

I'm able to function fine so far using that URL.
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Tried www.redbox.com/m and it will at least load, but the behavior isn't perfect. You can't scroll through the movies. Only the top 6 or 7 show up. The search and reserve seem to work, though. So does the kiosk locator.