Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I am thinking about getting a Pre.
    I have an iPhone (personal) and a BlackBerry (8520 Curve, work)

What I really like having recently got the Blackberry is:

* Profiles (My Iphone makes too much noise in the night, new email, calendar alerts etc)
    * LED, the customizable (with 3rd party software) flashing LED to show that I have something important to answer.

Can the Pre Plus do profiles?
    Can I say, no noise, no phone calls except these telephone numbers in case of emergency?
    Does it have a flashing warning LED?

Thanks for your help.
    Steve
    1. Yes there's a patch for that.
    2. Possibly not sure.
    3. Yes.
    To better answer your question:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html

Using profiles you can pretty much set anything you like for various triggered events. Doesn't do everything you're looking for, like emergency ring, but it is highly configurable.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/01/2010 at 10:16 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    you may wish to wait two months until the merger closes with HP and you can hear what the next gen webos phone will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwangeruk View Post
    * Profiles (My Iphone makes too much noise in the night, new email, calendar alerts etc)

* LED, the customizable (with 3rd party software) flashing LED to show that I have something important to answer.

Can the Pre Plus do profiles?
    No profiles. If you're concerned about "noises" there's a "kill-all-sounds" switch on the top of the device...the ringer switch. Some system sounds can be configured to ring-though regardless of the ringer switch on/off if you choose to.
    Can I say, no noise, no phone calls except these telephone numbers in case of emergency?
    no, there issn't out of the box. There may be a patch or you could request someone to make you a patch.
    Does it have a flashing warning LED?
    Yes, it does. You get a fast blink or slow blink depending on whether it's an SMS or Email. Not color configurable like on the BB...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice all.