Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    How do i go about getting my profile on to my new phone. Do i delete it from the Palm profile website then sign in on the new phone or do i just sign in on the new device and the old phone is wiped?

    Many thanks.
  2. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #2  
    Have you backed up your data from old phone? Use Preware and Save/Restore to do so.
    Copy the USB portion of your phone to your computer.

    Just sign onto your profile on the new phone. This will log out the palm profile from your old phone.

    Restore the USB portion from computer to new phone. The using Save/restore restore your data. Using Preware, restore patches, etc.
  3. #3  
    use your existing profile on the new phone, and your profile contents will automatically download to the new phone... It's magical!
  4. #4  
    I am buying a used palm pre for sprint, the seller said something about a profile, do I need this and how do I go about creating one, do I need to erase the old one?
  5. #5  
    If you don't already have a Palm profile, the device will prompt you to create one when setting up the device. If you do already have one, as Cantaffordit mentioned - just log in using it and it will automatically restore your information and apps to the new device.

    Either way, it's very easy and will walk you through the steps.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to one and all for your responses.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you don't already have a Palm profile, the device will prompt you to create one when setting up the device. If you do already have one, as Cantaffordit mentioned - just log in using it and it will automatically restore your information and apps to the new device.

    Either way, it's very easy and will walk you through the steps.
    Thank You, do you have any knowledge on switching phone numbers between phones? I am acquiring a Pre and want to use it right away but it will be later at night and The Sprint Store will be closed. Can you activate a phone over the phone lol

    Oh and GO GREENBAY! And the Brew Crew
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzpwnage View Post
    Thank You, do you have any knowledge on switching phone numbers between phones? I am acquiring a Pre and want to use it right away but it will be later at night and The Sprint Store will be closed. Can you activate a phone over the phone lol

    Oh and GO GREENBAY! And the Brew Crew
    I've done an ESN swap over the phone actually, using a currently activated phone. You can also do it on the Sprint website. Login in, go to my account, where the current phone is there should be a "I want to..." with a mouse over menu and select "activate my new phone". And you can swap it through there.
  9. #9  
    I am swapping out my pre for another tomorrow. i'm overclocked and have many patches and home brew apps. i know this has been covered may times but i seriously need step by step instructions on putting my patches and stuff back onto the new phone. do i have use web install to reload preware onto the new phone? sorry for the stupid questions i know this has been covered in previous threads, not a very technical person. would appreciate any help offered. thanks.
  10. #10  
    Yes, you will need webinstall in order to install Preware. I recommend downloading the I love Homebrew app from the catalog. It gives you step by step instructions plus it's only $.99.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    I am swapping out my pre for another tomorrow. i'm overclocked and have many patches and home brew apps. i know this has been covered may times but i seriously need step by step instructions on putting my patches and stuff back onto the new phone. do i have use web install to reload preware onto the new phone? sorry for the stupid questions i know this has been covered in previous threads, not a very technical person. would appreciate any help offered. thanks.
    Just 25 easy steps...

    1) start preware
    2)Tap on menu and goto saved package list
    3)Tap Update
    4)Go Back to preware and search for save/restore
    5)Install Save/restore
    6) start save/restore and Tap on "save application Data"
    7)Turn on the apps you want to save data for (MAKE SURE PREWARE IS ON)
    8)Connect phone to comp in USB mode
    9)copy saverestore folder to computer
    10) Connect new phone to computer
    11) load preware on new device with woqi (instructions at http://install.preware.org
    12)start preware
    13)search for save restore
    14)Install save restore
    15)connect new phone to comp in USB mode
    16)copy saverestore folder from comp to new phone
    17)exit USB mode and start save restore app
    18)Tap on "Restore application data"
    19)turn on apps you want to restore (MAKE SURE PREWARE IS ON)
    20)Restore selected
    21)start Preware
    22)tap on menu and goto saved package list
    23)Tap Install all
    24)Fuly restart phone
    25) Done.. Enjoy your repatched device

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12. #12  
    much thanks, this will work.
  13. #13  
    No prob

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Just 25 easy steps...

    1) start preware
    2)Tap on menu and goto saved package list
    3)Tap Update
    4)Go Back to preware and search for save/restore
    5)Install Save/restore
    6) start save/restore and Tap on "save application Data"
    7)Turn on the apps you want to save data for (MAKE SURE PREWARE IS ON)
    8)Connect phone to comp in USB mode
    9)copy saverestore folder to computer
    10) Connect new phone to computer
    11) load preware on new device with woqi (instructions at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    12)start preware
    13)search for save restore
    14)Install save restore
    15)connect new phone to comp in USB mode
    16)copy saverestore folder from comp to new phone
    17)exit USB mode and start save restore app
    18)Tap on "Restore application data"
    19)turn on apps you want to restore (MAKE SURE PREWARE IS ON)
    20)Restore selected
    21)start Preware
    22)tap on menu and goto saved package list
    23)Tap Install all
    24)Fuly restart phone
    25) Done.. Enjoy your repatched device

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hello,

    last week I dropped my pre and the touch screen stopped working. but the phone is working (I can make a call and open the app but could not use because of no touch screen). It's been while I saved the data using save/restore. Is there a way to use the keyboard short cuts to save the data?

    Any help would be really appreciated.

    UPDATE: Thanks to all community forum members. I was finally able to save all my app data by directly executing the scripts written for save/restore apps. I connected my phone first using novacom and then used the script to save the app data. I then saved these files in my new phone and then restored using preware. I hope this might help someone if they want to save their app data after their touch screen stops working. Please refer page 18 of the Save/Restore Development community thread for more information.....

    Thanks
    Maddy
    Last edited by solaimadhan; 01/10/2011 at 04:58 PM.
  15. #15  
    As far as I know, it's not possible, sorry!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Hello,

    last week I dropped my pre and the touch screen stopped working. but the phone is working (I can make a call and open the app but could not use because of no touch screen). It's been while I saved the data using save/restore. Is there a way to use the keyboard short cuts to save the data?

    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Maddy
    If you are in developer mode, you can copy the palmdatabase.db3 file to your pc over a USB cable
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Hello,

    last week I dropped my pre and the touch screen stopped working. but the phone is working (I can make a call and open the app but could not use because of no touch screen). It's been while I saved the data using save/restore. Is there a way to use the keyboard short cuts to save the data?

    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Maddy
    As both cantaffordit and verwon mentioned...

    Other than that you can force you're pre into USB mode.. While plugged in to your comp press
    Orange/Silver Key+Sym+U and grab the save restore file and follow the 25 steps above

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions