1.    #1  
    Alright, so I have found a Palm Pre for $100 without the charger, now I have 2 micro USB chargers one for an LG phone and 1 for a Samsung rant, I have heard/read that the rant works but has on/off behavior, I am a money cruncher and would rather use one of these chargers than buy a whole new one.
    go buy a cheap touchstone....try to get it before even finishing this message. It is soooooooo freaking great to have!
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gblack View Post
    go buy a cheap touchstone....try to get it before even finishing this message. It is soooooooo freaking great to have!
    I am going to get a touchstone, but not just yet lol
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzpwnage View Post
    Alright, so I have found a Palm Pre for $100 without the charger, now I have 2 micro USB chargers one for an LG phone and 1 for a Samsung rant, I have heard/read that the rant works but has on/off behavior, I am a money cruncher and would rather use one of these chargers than buy a whole new one.
    i believe the connector on lg is different...if the samsung rant chgr works, go for it, but your best bet is to get a motorola micro usb charger which is the same type as the pre. and its cheaper too. online it ranges between 5 and 10 bucks. just dont get a sprint chgr. hope this helps
    the rant charger is micro usb the same as the pre. It will charge the pre but doesn't play nice with the touchstone.
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by abbdu4 View Post
    the rant charger is micro usb the same as the pre. It will charge the pre but doesn't play nice with the touchstone.
    Thank you very much.
    Provide power info (mA) from the chargers and we can give you an informed answer.

<<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    +1 on LG charger working for the phone, but beware of the touchstone. The small end of the OEM usb cable is much smaller than a "knock off" cable, therefore fits in the touchstones small plug opening much better.

As far as generic USB (wall plug / car plug) chargers, beware of power output for sure. I have a generic charger (forget the mA, 500 maybe) and it barely keeps the battery level flat while in use, let alone actually charge the phone. A 1A (1,000 mA derp) is required to power the touchstone from what i have read. The induction "transfer" is fairly lossy from what i understand. No way around that though, it is what it is...
    The Pre will adapt to the various amperage from the chargers, but you will most likely want a Palm OEM charger (which are 7 bucks on Amazon). Generic chargers are ment to power dumb phones at a rated 750 mA compared to Palm's required 1A. Therefore your phone will take longer to charge.

Touchstones are around 15-20 bucks at Radioshack now too. Get those before they run out, as in... the next day. I bought mine for like 60-70 bucks back when they first came out. Bloody expensive...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I bought car chargers for my Rant (then later used with Exclaim), and two more wall chargers so I would have office, nightstand, and boat covered. I think I paid something like $2.99-$4.99 for each and every one of them works perfectly and have for 5+ months now. Last week, I just got a Palm second battery for $12.99 + about $5 shipping. I feel very well covered needless to say. :-)

Can't answer on the LG, but the Rant/Exclaim (they use same batts as one another) chargers work fine for me.

Paul
    I bought a knockoff Nokia micro USB charger (designed for the 8600 Luna and N900), and it works fine, both phone and Touchstone.

DealExtreme: $7.25 Genuine Nokia Mini AC-10U US Type AC Charger (100~240V)

It's rated at 1.2A, though reports it doesn't supply that much. So factor in the error, probably 1A should work just fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzpwnage View Post
    I am going to get a touchstone, but not just yet lol
    GO NOW! Radio shack has touchstones with a touchstone back 15 bucks. If you wait you will end up paying 40-60