1.    #1  
    The USB cover just broke on my pre and I dont have it.
    Should I worry about this or can I get a new one??
    I think you should be good...although it depends what the phone looks like.

Mine developed a crack near the USB cover...which got bigger...which finally resulted in a small chunk of the side coming off the phone...and the USB cover came off with it. That left a fairly sizable hole in the side of my Pre. Rather than leave sharp edges and provide an easy way for contaminants and perhaps moisture to get in, I glued it all back together.

Thus, if you are just missing the cap, I think you are probably good...but if it is bigger than that, I suggest stopping by a Sprint repair center. Just google first since many Sprint retail locations are not repair centers...and it's frustrating to stand in line only to be told you need to go somewhere else.

BTW, I was at a repair center recently for an issue with my daughter's Pre and they saw my phone and commented that they have seen quite a few with USB cracks...and seemed willing to swap it...but I am fine with the way it is for now. Thus, it might be worth a trip to the repair center for you regardless...but I think your experience will be unique to whatever center you visit.

cheers,
    Steve
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, but when I look at the side of it, it just doesnt look right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks like you have no cracks or missing pieces of the case...just a missing USB cover. Many phones don't even have such a cover...but that said, Pre's have an extra hole to the left of the cover for the cover shaft...so a missing cover does somewhat expose your Pre a bit more to contaminants.

If it bugs you, I suggest just dropping by a repair center. They might be able to just pop one in.

cheers,
    Steve
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I just might do that.
    It's not like I have a cracked case or broken case parts taht are missing or something.
    It just bugs me a little
    I pulled my cover off cuz it was a pain to open/close. No regrets.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    If it bugs you, I suggest just dropping by a repair center. They might be able to just pop one in.

cheers,
    Steve
    Is there anyone who can vouch that repair centers can replace this piece, my friend broke mine off one day about a month ago and I could never find the piece.
    Lot of people (including me) have lost this piece.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Go to your local Sprint Repair Center and ask them if they are willing to replace it for you. Your results will probably vary on a store by store basis, but it is always worth a shot.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yeah, but has anyone been successful in getting a replacement? I lost mine also and other than the cover, my Pre looks new.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I'm not sure why y'all would want the cover on there. it's a pain to pull it open anytime you want to charge the phone (unless you always use the touchstone). I pulled both the covers off my old Pre and my replacement.

I think after a couple weeks you'll get used to the feel in your hand and charging will be so much easier that you'll be happier for it.
    I would just make sure I kept stuff out of there. The USB cover is more trouble than its worth.
    Pulling that cover off is the first thing I did when I got a new Pre. I still have it if you want it. PM me your address and I'll put it in the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13curly View Post
    Yeah, but has anyone been successful in getting a replacement? I lost mine also and other than the cover, my Pre looks new.
    Call Palm 877-4263777 or go to Palm chat (free), they will send you one free.