Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I would be interested in seeing this too, but the problem with a "side-by-side" comparison is that there are so many factors that influence performance it would be difficult to achieve. The two phones would have to be identical (build from webOS doctor upto loading Uberkernel and Govnah), then it would be fair. Even if you took two videos of the same phone running at different speeds we would not be able to fully say the only difference is the kernel.
    You're so right. I've said the same thing over and again about PC's and here I am not taking the very thing into account here.
    download a free app called "balloon pop" and play it at normal 500MHz, then switch to 800MHz and play again.

the game is using some software timing loop and runs too fast at 800MHz.

it's kind of a silly benchmark, but provides simple visual evidence of the overclocking speed difference.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    The best way for me to tell it really works is to go into Google Maps and move the map around... the speed that the map refreshes with Govnah set at 500 vs 800 is VERY noticeable.
    i honestly can't see the point in overclocking,i mean come on its a phone not a super computer,thats just my view anyway,i don't need it 2 be super fast,webos in general is a great thing in its self,overclocked or not its a great thing 2 involved with
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    i honestly can't see the point in overclocking,i mean come on its a phone not a super computer,thats just my view anyway,i don't need it 2 be super fast,webos in general is a great thing in its self,overclocked or not its a great thing 2 involved with
    I hear you, but some of us, myself included, are just obsessed with speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    Far Side reference?

Anyways...I have been using the UberKernal 800 MHz as well as CPUScaler and also wondered about the "placebo-effect" until this past weekend. My brother has a Pre running at 500 MHz and the difference is incredible! He immediately wanted to run overclocked.
    Yep Far Side
    It's a disgrace some people don't get that
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Stop into your local carrier store and compare yours to the display model. Mine smokes the demo in my AT&T store.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Normally I leave it at 500Mhz, but I like to play VisualBoyAdvance and it has trouble with some games. I found 800Mhz helps a whole lot, especially with Touhoumon, which is a mod of Pokemon Fire Red. I simply get too much slowdown at 500Mhz.
    Gitah~
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Normally I leave it at 500Mhz, but I like to play VisualBoyAdvance and it has trouble with some games. I found 800Mhz helps a whole lot, especially with Touhoumon, which is a mod of Pokemon Fire Red. I simply get too much slowdown at 500Mhz.
    Yes, if you for sure want to tell the difference between 800mhz and 500mhz, then VBA provides the best purely observable difference. Games that would choke along now play at speeds that are close to their native speed, a few even play at a higher rate of speed (Another World is one example). Certainly,though, I'd rather have something and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    But it is a computer in some essence. If I can can click on my email icon and it doesn't sit there illuminating the icon for 10 secs but rather opens immediately then it makes my webos experience a whole lot better.

When scrolling through launcher its so much faster and smoother. That's the whole point of having a smart device, not having to deal with lag.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12