View Poll Results: What is your gender? Do you own a Pre? Does your gender affect how you view the Pre?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a man and I love my Pre.

124 86.11%
  • I am a woman and I love my Pre.

14 9.72%
  • I am a man and I hate my Pre.

3 2.08%
  • I am a woman and I hate my Pre.

0 0%
  • I am a man and I do not own a Pre because it is too "girly."

0 0%
  • I am a woman and I do not own a Pre because I found Palm's marketing condescending.

0 0%
  • I am a man and I do not own a Pre for some other reason.

3 2.08%
  • I am a woman and I do not own a Pre for some other reason.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The poll that was posted recently seemed pretty silly but it does raise an interesting question of whether or not the Pre is a "chick phone." I don't think that there is much doubt that Palm marketed the Pre heavily towards women but how well did their efforts succeed and did they hurt themselves with their traditional market (male nerds)? I doubt if we'll answer this question with this poll but hopefully we'll get some interesting discussion from a proper gender poll.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what poll?
    It should be up now.
    This poll will yield fairly useless data as just from my rough eyeballing, this forum is overwhelmingly men. My guess is probably higher than 90% so any gender based polling would naturaly tip the meter heavily towards male.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I agree with Diane.
    It just can't be a balanced poll.
    But this is a girly phone . At least that's what they said in another thread . Ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    But this is a girly phone . At least that's what they said in another thread . Ha ha ha
    lol
    Chick thread on male forum equals minimum user reactions.
    I agree that the population of forum goers in general is likely to be skewed towards males.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    This poll will yield fairly useless data as just from my rough eyeballing, this forum is overwhelmingly men. My guess is probably higher than 90% so any gender based polling would naturaly tip the meter heavily towards male.
    All completely true, also just as statistically valid as the thread to which it was created in response.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Missing option(s): I'm a (gender) and I am planning to get a pre soon.
    There are no women on the internet. There are less then no women on tech sites. And even less then that on Chatroulette.
    i think my pre makes me look thinner. maybe we need more options in the poll
    i always thought of the pre being for a man and pixi for a woman.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i think my pre makes me look thinner. maybe we need more options in the poll
    REALLY??? I want THAT one then
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I also agree with Diane, I think we women geeks are in the minority for our gender as most women want a pretty phone with good functionality and not interested in the technology or tweaking it. Therefore the majority or female owners won't frequent these forums.
    On a slightly more serious note, I'd like to add: Palm didn't specifically market to women (although it was a woman on the first set of ads, but the concepts were gender-neutral). And two out of the last three Palm ads featured men, not women.

It was Verizon that targeted women, and even more specifically, mothers.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    What I'm getting from this poll is that 100% of women love their pre...
    Missing option: I'm <GENDER> and I'm going to another phone for a bit until Palm/HP gets it's act together and releases a more mature WebOS on decent hardware.
    No mention of cross-dressers or trans-gender folk?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    No mention of cross-dressers or trans-gender folk?
    thats right.. we need to include everyone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast