Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I got my Pre back in October last yr when they came out on a 2yrs contract.

This means I cant upgrade till Sept 2011.

I want a Pre Plus, what are my options?

I spoke to staff in 2 different O2 shops and they had no idea about the Plus and certainly didnt have any in store, to be honest they didnt really care and advised calling customer services.

Customer services were equally bemused and suggested I got one as pay as you go, ditch the sim card and use my contract sim. I advised them you cant get the Plus on Pay as you Go and they were then stumped.

Mazuma are currently offering £100 for the Pre so any ideas where I can get a Plus? I'm sure there are other people interested in this too.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Ha yeah, we know about how much trouble that would cause
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Similar to tomi666's suggestion, you could wait until the UK O2 Pre Plus' start showing up on ebay.

I was in a similar situation to you with the original Pre and bought an "unwanted upgrade" off ebay, popped in my contract O2 SIM...sorted.

Andrew
    There's a very easy option for you (I did it myself )

Call customer retentions and tell them you'd like to buy a Palm Pre Plus at cost price. Policy is that you're allowed to buy ONE of EACH device per year at cost price.

They will sell it to you, and you don't need to touch your contract. The price is £305 for a Pre Plus and £220 for a Pixi Plus.

You're welcome
    I dropped into my local O2 today, Maidstone in Kent, and they had a working Pre Plus and a Pixi on display.

I had a good play with both. The Pixi seemed nice, but I'd want to get it out of the locked holder to really see how it would fit in my pocket etc.

If you were lucky to take out a 2 yr business contract last October, I'm told you can upgrade after 12 months. So I'll see how the price of the Pre Plus looks in September and decide if I want to 'upgrade then.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The Maidstone branch are terrible. I went to get a Touch Stone from them. They told me that they didn't have any and probably wouldn't be getting any as the new Pixi was coming out soon and it didn't fit on the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    The Maidstone branch are terrible. I went to get a Touch Stone from them. They told me that they didn't have any and probably wouldn't be getting any as the new Pixi was coming out soon and it didn't fit on the TS.
    Well technically they are right, Pixi won't work with the Touchstone out of the box.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    My gripe was that they implied that they would no longer be supporting a phone that I have from them on a 2 year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    There's a very easy option for you (I did it myself )

Call customer retentions and tell them you'd like to buy a Palm Pre Plus at cost price. Policy is that you're allowed to buy ONE of EACH device per year at cost price.

They will sell it to you, and you don't need to touch your contract. The price is £305 for a Pre Plus and £220 for a Pixi Plus.

You're welcome
    How did you find out about that "Policy" cause I am willing to give them a call but I have a feeling that I will get the one person that doesn't know about this. So where/how/when did you find out about that policy?

Thanks for any info
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    How did you find out about that "Policy" cause I am willing to give them a call but I have a feeling that I will get the one person that doesn't know about this. So where/how/when did you find out about that policy?

Thanks for any info
    Vas
    I only heard it from a friend - I was skeptical too, but they sold one to me without questioning me. Make sure you call customer retentions ('Thinking of leaving O2?') because they generally know what they're talking about.

let me know how it turns out
    Not to stray too much off topic, but I tried both the Moorgate and Old Broad Street O2 branches today, and neither had a Pre Plus, either a working phone or a dummy. I'm an out-of-contract 3 customer and I want to see what the Pre Plus keyboard is like before I buy (although I'm serious enough to register here), but these guys are making it hard for me!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Went to the Straford O2 store yesterday (inside the shopping centre) and they pulled out a Pixi+ for me, said they had the Pre + too but I didn't ask to look at it. Don't expect them to be able to use it though, they haven't been trained yet and the guy admitted I knew more about the phone than he did.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I only heard it from a friend - I was skeptical too, but they sold one to me without questioning me. Make sure you call customer retentions ('Thinking of leaving O2?') because they generally know what they're talking about.

let me know how it turns out

Just to chime in this is what I did, spoke to retentions last Friday and ordered a Pixi and Pre Plus for £220 and £305 (I have two lines) and the Pixi Plus is sat at home awaiting my return on Friday.

They are having issues with my account and couldn't process the sale of the Pre Plus. I have called O2 back today and they are still having issues, but after much discussion have used there 'manual process' to order me one which I am led to believe puts an extra 24-48 hours in the process. I get the impression rightly or wrongly that they where just fobbing me off though!

Needless to say I am not holding my breath of them actually delivering this any time soon!
    o2 give you a new phone if you send your pre in 3 times... just sayin for repair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Just to chime in this is what I did, spoke to retentions last Friday and ordered a Pixi and Pre Plus for £220 and £305 (I have two lines) and the Pixi Plus is sat at home awaiting my return on Friday.
    Hmmmm, I'm pretty tempted to do this too! Could sell/trade in the Pre for £100 leaving a £205 cost to upgrade - is it worth it though? I only took a 18 month contract (had to pay £100 for the Pre) so might sit it out and see what they have available in 9 months time.... decisions!

Very interesting to know about this policy though - they keep it quiet!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    You can have upgrade deal for Palm Pre Plus also in Mobile Phones - Buy Mobile Phones with Free Gifts and Cashback and select Palm phones (also Pixi Plus? sold there).

And Palm Pre Plus has plenty of Pre Plus deals and more deals without phone cost than O2 website (35£ 18months, no phone cost

Unfortunately current stock is empty.

P.S. I'm not working for any of those firms, I'm just Pre fan
    Last edited by Cannond; 06/03/2010 at 05:48 AM.
    I can confirm the Pixi is available from customer services at O2 for £220. Mine is on it's way.
    Confirming that the Pre is £305
    I was told it should take 1-2 working days to be delivered!!

I'm wondering if you guys know if we are still expected to pay for unlocking if we bought the phone like this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    this buying thing has me confused. Can you contact retentions at ANY point duing your contract and request this? and this does not extend your contract and does this apply to any of o2`s phone range?

Also I was told over the phone shortly after getting my phone that I was tied to my pre for 2 years on business, no upgrade after 12 months. I have recently since asked again and im told that was a load of bull and that the standard 12 month thing applies. whether this was a change of policy on o2`s behalf after they realised how much the pre failed in terms of sales and reliability or maybe the guy I spoke to was mistaken/thick/highly untrained. I was also told in my local store that they have only sold 4 pres since launch day, me being one

As for upgrading to a pre plus, is it worth it? does a overclocked pre not give you similar performance. after all, the software and apps are exactly the same
    You can definitely phone up O2 and get a handset at "full price". It doesn't affect your contract.

I have my Pixi now and am using the sim that I got when I bought my Pre back in September last year.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast