1.    #1  
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/31/2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    My phone will last me about 1/2 day with moderate usage until its below 20%. so Im going to vote in the poor category. Cant wait for the Seidio Extended!!
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    I'm assuming Dieter meant "GSM Pre Plus Users... how's your battery life"? Rather than just "AT&T Users". There's a world outside your borders ya know Dieter
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I honestly wonder if people remember to turn off their WiFi and Bluetooth when they go out or are not using those features. My basic rule of thumb is that when I am not pairing my phone to my GPS(for hands free driving), I turn off Bluetooth. WiFi I turn on as needed, but that stays off while I am out working unless I need to test a router for a customer.

So, for those who can't get their Pre Plus to last through a work day, do you leave everything on? Are you talking on the phone for most of your day, or how many minutes do you use during your typical day?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I'm assuming Dieter meant "GSM Pre Plus Users... how's your battery life"? Rather than just "AT&T Users". There's a world outside your borders ya know Dieter
    The AT&T version of the Pre Plus has shown some differences from previous versions, including a more sturdy keyboard slide mechanism. It may be slight, but build quality on the AT&T version was reported to be a bit better than even the Verizon version of the Pre Plus.

So, just because there are other GSM versions, the AT&T version does seem to be SLIGHTLY improved. It is possible that a part of the delay in AT&T releasing the Pre Plus was to get some improvements in build quality in place. We will see if the AT&T version suffers from the Oreo effect in another 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    The AT&T version of the Pre Plus has shown some differences from previous versions, including a more sturdy keyboard slide mechanism. It may be slight, but build quality on the AT&T version was reported to be a bit better than even the Verizon version of the Pre Plus.

So, just because there are other GSM versions, the AT&T version does seem to be SLIGHTLY improved. It is possible that a part of the delay in AT&T releasing the Pre Plus was to get some improvements in build quality in place. We will see if the AT&T version suffers from the Oreo effect in another 2-3 weeks.
    That is true, but the Verizon Pre Plus is CDMA - whereas the European Pre Plus is GSM, so technically should be exactly the same hardware as AT&T
  7.    #7  
    I think Att uses a different 3G band than worldwide GSM.
    Or maybe I'm confusing them with T-Mo.

I do know for years Att was using the 1900 band for 3G.
    In the last 3 years they have switched most over to the 850 band.
    My treo pro would bounce back and forth on the 1900.
    Since they switched to 850, my treo locks and holds onto 3G.
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't know how much my first gen GSM Pre (O2 UK model) differs but I have found battery life has taken a dive over the last couple of months. I used to get through a day with light use and 10-20% battery left at 11pm. Now it dies completely by 8pm. I have tried to find the culpret without success and in the end I decided it must just be the battery itself so I ordered an Amzer 1400.

The Amzer arrived at the weekend and it is now lasting (just) until 11pm with maybe 3-5% left. Something is clearly wrong, there were no updates when the battery performance dropped and the only thing I changed was to switch location services to google (with background turned off).

For the record I keep my Pre on 2G only with WiFi off as 3G drains the battery really fast when there is a patchy 3G network around.