Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to change the color of the phone preference?
    what do you mean? the phone preference screen where you select your prl updates etc.. if so then yes you just edit your css file to what you want it to be.
  3.    #3  
    Yes,but how do I do that though?
  4.    #4  
    I'm just good at downloading patches and themes from preware,which is quite easy. When it comes to finding stuff like css file and such i'm totally lost. I've actually change all the color background on my pre except the phone preference. Could I get some basic info on how to make this possible. I was told to change the css file. How? Any help would be appreciated.
    What color would you like the background to be?
    Rush this is different than I thought. The css file isn't changing no matter what I do to it. I will look at it in more detail tommorrow to see what changes need to be made.
    Do you mean preferences screen or the actual phone screen (dial pad)
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

he means the phone preference screen. I must be tired because I couldn't get it to see any changes I made. Going to bed now to think about it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Do you mean preferences screen or the actual phone screen (dial pad)
    I'm talking about the phone preferences screen. This one is a little hard to do,is their an easy way to do this. Mamouton is trying to figure this out. Do you have any easy way on how to make this happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    he means the phone preference screen. I must be tired because I couldn't get it to see any changes I made. Going to bed now to think about it.
    Mamouton is so helpful around here that he creates patches in his dreams

Anyway, which css file were you looking at? I quickly skimmed through them earlier. Is it in /com.palm.app.phone or /com.palm.app.phoneprefs ?
    I'm also away from my PC right now so I can't really do much. I'm going to use Internalz to look through the different css files...
  12.    #12  
    Garrett,i'm at lost here..how do you even find the css file? Why couldn't be as simple as a patch. (need step by step procedure please)
  13.    #13  
    Well, I guess changing the phone preferences background color seem to be a little tricky to change. I'm just waiting on the professionals to help me out...Where you at? When I finally change this section of the phone,then I've successfully have change all background color on my palm pre. Looking at a stock pre and going through it, seems kinda weird with all the white backgrounds. Thanks to all you guys that make these things possible. I wish palm could really see the big difference in a stock pre/plus and a more elegant,attractive,full power 800mhz kernel palm pre/plus.

Still waiting on someone to show me how to do this
    How to change the phone preferences background color.
    I'm still looking... I must be missing something obvious... Man, I wish I was a professional
    I'm pretty sure the background of the Phone Preference scene relies on this value which is found in the global-base.css at "usr/palm/framkworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/"

Code:
    body.palm-default {
    It could be possible to add this value to the local .css in the phone app so it becomes superior to the global .css

Just my thoughts.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    abyssul the com.palm.app.phoneprefs phoneprefs.css did reference something global. I have tried everything but that. I am at work now but if someone can get to it the more the better.

lol garret92c
    NVM

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    NVM
    So does this changes the color? Is this process explanatory? I'm really not letting this one go. Can I get some step by step process. Device info/wi-fi/sounds and ring tones/backup/blue tooth/location services,have all been change from their respective background color. So I believe others can too including the phone preferences color.
    I know for a fact that all Palm default apps rely on the global .css files for styling unless specifically stated in a local css. What I'm trying to do is have the phone preference page change backgrounds without affecting the other apps.

The NVM was for a different thought I was wrong about.

20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I know for a fact that all Palm default apps rely on the global .css files for styling unless specifically stated in a local css. What I'm trying to do is have the phone preference page change backgrounds without affecting the other apps.

The NVM was for a different thought I was wrong about.
    So is it possible? can you find a way of doing this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast