1.    #1  
    I used to have an externally mounted antenna wired to the back of my Treo 680 which made my phone go from no bars to 3 bars.

With the Pre+ I switched to the ATT 3G Microcell. The device is a $150 Microcell phone antenna. It carriers the traffic over you broadband connection.

I had a few issues get the device configured to work correctly with my home router. Eventually I got it working.

I am getting 5 bars in the basement of my house. If you have coverage issues with your Pre+ on ATT then I recommend this device.

Here is a link to what I am using AT&T 3G MicroCell™
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    kind of sucks when you have to pay more to get services that your already paying.

i think that microcell should be free for you but im glad its working for you.

i live in an area with good at&t 3g coverage but if i didnt, i would have dropped my services and gone to one that did cover my area well.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I used to have an externally mounted antenna wired to the back of my Treo 680 which made my phone go from no bars to 3 bars.

With the Pre+ I switched to the ATT 3G Microcell. The device is a $150 Microcell phone antenna. It carriers the traffic over you broadband connection.

I had a few issues get the device configured to work correctly with my home router. Eventually I got it working.

I am getting 5 bars in the basement of my house. If you have coverage issues with your Pre+ on ATT then I recommend this device.

Here is a link to what I am using AT&T 3G MicroCell™

I don't get it. I buy a phone from ATT, I pay for their service, and because it has crappy coverage, I buy a device from ATT with my own money, and connect it to my own broadband service which I pay Comcast for, only to use the ATT service so they can charge my calls against my minutes..
  4.    #4  
    Good points.

My reason for the post was to let people know about a solution to improve their reception. I work at home and am willing to pay for hardware that makes me more productive.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Att is what works for me. But I don't have hardwired internet, so this isn't an option.
    Otherwise I'd surely use it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    kind of sucks when you have to pay more to get services that your already paying.

i think that microcell should be free for you but im glad its working for you.

i live in an area with good at&t 3g coverage but if i didnt, i would have dropped my services and gone to one that did cover my area well.
    yea I totally agree, why pay it should be free. I mean my data charges are still the same my coverage says its strong on the map, but my phone sees otherwise.
    The answer is somewhat simple. To expand coverage to every basement in the US would cost those who get great coverage. In the end, it's only fair that the cost gets shifted to those who absolutely need it. Besides, if it were that bad, why keep the service? You are not required to have a cell phone by law. Yet...

PS: Sprint charges $5 per month for the AiRave. Look on the bright side..