View Poll Results: Has this tweak helped you?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • I see drastic performance improvements!

60 15.63%
  • I see a small performance improvement.

197 51.30%
  • I do not notice any change in performance.

112 29.17%
  • I actually see a small slowdown in performance

6 1.56%
  • My phone is super laggy!

9 2.34%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Noticed bluetooth logging is set to 'Debug' -- hopefully they're using that data to get the system to work properly with the Nissan bluetooth system.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    This is a great trick to help speed up the phone a bit. I just did this to my Pre yesterday and noticed a marked improvment in it's snappyness... So naturally when I got home I did the same thing with my wife's Pixi...

Oh by the way, this trick works on the Pixi also. I don't remember seeing that mentioned anywhere in this thread so I thought I would share.

I'll have to ask her later today if her phone seemed to be working any better, but if nothing else so far it's not any worse.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    So does tapping "Restore Base Profile" return it to normal or not? It seems it does for some and not for others.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I personally have 2 entries for [Restore Base Profile], so I created a custom profile and exported current settings (from menu) before setting to minimal. Now my music runs great! I'll probably restore settings then adjust for specific apps like music.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Tried this last night on mine and not my wife's and there is a noticeable difference on mine. I restarted both Pre's so everything was fresh on both Pre's.
    Great thanks!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Just did this to my AT&T Pre + a few hours ago -- there is definitely a noticeable performance improvement. It has also improved a problem I was having with screen taps going unrecognised.
    Tried it, don't think I see any difference so far.
    I am over clocked with uber,,,cant be bothered trying this. Phone is super fast. Do I need it faster? I guess if I was the president and the faith of the world was in the palm of my hand( lol get it palm)i would try.,,i know,,very dry. :doh
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    haha I like how there's a good chunk of people in the pool results that don't see a difference. How can you trust them? These are the same people who can't tell a difference between 10 and 30 frames per second in video games. I don't trust you BLIND people.
    Holy crap. This really made my phone more snappy. Even with Govnah and Uber I can tell a difference. Good find!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Seriously, my phone is screaming. No placebo effect. I have?lt rebuilt my phone in 6 months or longer, so I don't know if the size of the logs matter, but WOW. It's amazing at UberK, with Govnah at 250/800 screenstate.

Crazy find! Thx a shedload.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am over clocked with uber,,,cant be bothered trying this...:doh
    It took longer for the bother of making this post than doing this tweak.

- Craig
    Definitely a difference! Just plain smoother and more stable overall. I use UberKernel as is and my phone zips but this Mod makes my Pre feel iPad fast!

I also tried it on my wife's Pixi she noticed the performance boost right away!
    I wonder if overclockers would notice the difference more. I am not overclocking, and I noticed very little difference. I tried it for a little while, then switched back. I also noticed that very few programs are set to logging levels beyond error anyway.

So I think this is curious. Why do some see improvement and some don't? Since I'm not that dissatisfied with my current performance (even without overclocking), maybe this really doesn't do very much for my phone? Maybe there's a bug that causes some phones to be over logging?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I wonder if overclockers would notice the difference more. I am not overclocking, and I noticed very little difference. I tried it for a little while, then switched back. I also noticed that very few programs are set to logging levels beyond error anyway.

So I think this is curious. Why do some see improvement and some don't? Since I'm not that dissatisfied with my current performance (even without overclocking), maybe this really doesn't do very much for my phone? Maybe there's a bug that causes some phones to be over logging?
    I've never made any other mods to my phone except this one and I noticed an improvement. I wonder if maybe some phones have hidden hardware issues that translate into more error logs being generated?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I wonder if the "size" of the logs makes a difference? I haven't Doctor'd my phone since I get this replacement 6 mo ago so I wonder if it keeps logging and as the files fill up over time, your performance decreases?
    well, I set the logging to minimal a couple of days ago.. I don't think the phone faster in general, but I definitely no longer have those annoying hiccups that would freeze the phone for a fraction of a second when some apps load or change functions..

Faster? not sure... Smoother? Absolutely!!!
    it feels the same on my 3 week old pre plus. Not that I'm complaining, this phone has always felt pretty fast.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I haven't voted yet but after making the change, one thing I noticed that had no improvement is the phone dialer. I called my credit card service, got hit with all the menus and noticed a lag after entering numbers.

For example, if it says to choose option 3, I would press 3 and it would not register the keypress for at least a second. I was ready to hit 3 again. This happened all through the call. I even tried another number, same thing. This even happened when manually dialing numbers. Most of the time I use my contact list to dial so I'm not sure if this behavior was always present or not when dialing manually.

I'll try using the rest of the features to see for improvements before I vote in the poll.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast