View Poll Results: Has this tweak helped you?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • I see drastic performance improvements!

60 15.63%
  • I see a small performance improvement.

197 51.30%
  • I do not notice any change in performance.

112 29.17%
  • I actually see a small slowdown in performance

6 1.56%
  • My phone is super laggy!

9 2.34%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I did this on my sprint pre. Works good. Seems slightly smoother and quicker. Thanks.
    does this mess up your palm profile data like apps abd contacts?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    does this mess up your palm profile data like apps abd contacts?
    i dont think it does, it does however seem to however update your palm profile to reflect the new logging settings.

i dont know how to check that to be certain. maybe someone else does?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    The launcher pages are especially smooth and respond to touch much better for me.
    I notice no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I want to try but a little scared!
    Sadly does not work on German O2 Pres.
    It does not appear to work on an AT&T Pre Plus either.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Giving it a shot thanks for the info. Mine is a Sprint Pre and everything worked as described. I've just rebooted and it does seem snappier but that could just be because I've rebooted Rebooting seems to be something I've had to do a lot lately because my Pre slows down so much and gets the too many cards warning w/ no cards open. I'm hoping this helps even a little. I will report back.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Seems to be a bit faster to me. So it just sets the poll time for error reporting to palm on different parts of the phone.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    I'm actually finding it a little hard to believe that this would have much of a performance impact, unless the logging is done very inefficiently. Log files in Linux are extensive, and I've never heard anyone say they're a performance concern. We're just talking about a little bit of text here and there. Unless, of course, the logging is way more than what one would normally imagine.

Until a few more days pass, my money is on the reboot effect.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
    Giving it a shot thanks for the info. Mine is a Sprint Pre and everything worked as described. I've just rebooted and it does seem snappier but that could just be because I've rebooted Rebooting seems to be something I've had to do a lot lately because my Pre slows down so much and gets the too many cards warning w/ no cards open. I'm hoping this helps even a little. I will report back.
    Rebooting is great like daily or every other day because it keeps your phone fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Going to try this once I'm done doctoring my phone and I get the 1.4.1.1 update installed again. Hopefully I won't even need to install the OC kernel...
    I just did this with my Verizon Pre, seems faster to me....
    I just tried a bunch of different codes I read about on this web page:

WebOS hash codes (It won't let me post a link yet) from webOS-internals

None of the work. I must be doing something wrong. Do I need to hit send or anything after the code? Sorry for the stupid question but this seems like it should be simple. Thanks,

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    My sprint pre is even faster with my overclocking kernel. Thank you very much.
    I've been playing around with overclocking for a while now, and I think I'm the only one who doesn't notice these drastic speed increases that others mention over and over. Did I do something wrong?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm actually finding it a little hard to believe that this would have much of a performance impact, unless the logging is done very inefficiently. Log files in Linux are extensive, and I've never heard anyone say they're a performance concern. We're just talking about a little bit of text here and there. Unless, of course, the logging is way more than what one would normally imagine.

Until a few more days pass, my money is on the reboot effect.
    I have a feeling the logging really IS done inefficiently right now. The performance I have now is the same as it used to be for a few days at a time, yet then would slow down a little for another few days at a time. I had tried doctoring again and everything but would always have that same performance pattern. Now for about a week or so I've had this same good performance CONSTANTLY with logging set to minimal.
    If you select the 'Set Log Levels' side of the top bar, you can see the current log levels of all of the built-in apps and some other things. Most are already set to ERROR, but several of the Sprint apps are set to INFO, along with WIFI and a few others. You can see where they are probably working on issues based on the log settings.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartvoyager View Post
    I just tried a bunch of different codes I read about on this web page:

WebOS hash codes (It won't let me post a link yet) from webOS-internals

None of the work. I must be doing something wrong. Do I need to hit send or anything after the code? Sorry for the stupid question but this seems like it should be simple. Thanks,

Josh
    Yep, just hit Send. So for this code in particular, it would be ##5647 SEND. You can also dial ##5647# without pressing Send.
    Great find! I hope we're not having a placebo effect.
    When I type ##5647 and hit send. It actually makes a call that "cannot be completed as dialed." When I type ##5647# it does nothing but sit there. I have an AT&T Pre Plus, just in case it helps.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast