View Poll Results: Has this tweak helped you?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • I see drastic performance improvements!

60 15.63%
  • I see a small performance improvement.

197 51.30%
  • I do not notice any change in performance.

112 29.17%
  • I actually see a small slowdown in performance

6 1.56%
  • My phone is super laggy!

9 2.34%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #261  
    Great, yeah that's I was hoping, for any new users to see this who find their Pre's performance slower than desirable.
    Follow-up to my original response:

I noticed a definite improvement for awhile, but the lag returned. Using Govnah and UberKernel (to 600) has made a huge difference.
  3.    #263  
    That's weird, wonder what could be causing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I updated the OP to add instructions for clearing your phone call history, it helps too.
    i would imagine clearing browsing history would help as well
  5.    #265  
    I thought about adding that too, but have cleared browsing history many times over the months and never noticed any changes.
  6.    #266  
    Bump for n00bs.
  7. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    the stock palm apps (photos, video, calendar, et al) are loading much faster for me with this logging change.

i OC my pre (actually, i call it "true clocking" -- 600/250 mHz screen state, not really OC as it's just the true speed of the processor, haha) and the difference is great in terms of waiting to see photo albums/videos.
    I just did this tweak. The performance impact was pretty immediate. Apps opening faster, transitions faster, all smoother. The difference was immediately noticeable and very nice. Do this.
  9.    #269  
    Awesome. For Preware'ers, there is now a patch that accomplishes the same thing as this thread, called "Muffle System Logging" by webOS Internals. Thanks crew!
    quarlesLT,

the muffle system logging is not the same thing at all.

the intent is the same which is to reduce logging but is done using different things

only caveat is that att users have to apply the quieter pmlog logging patch first
  11.    #271  
    Thanks for clearing that up, so does that mean it's okay for an user to mess with the logging manually and it won't cause any conflicts with the patch?
    worked great for my sprint phone
    Tried this and the patch today on my Bell Mobility phone and its seems to be completely messed up. Rebooting, messing with Govnah settings, taking the phone offline, freezing (requiring battery pulls) and draining battery prematurely.
    I'll see how tommorrow goes and may have to visit the doctor.
  14.    #274  
    Well I guess that answers my question. Sorry to hear that.
    This helped a lot on my PP. It's not likr Palm used all of the logs anyway...
    Im trying it now on my Pre+, will report back with my observation...

EDIT: It seems a little bit snappier to me. Nothing earth shattering, though.
    Last edited by jtsdad; 09/06/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    how do I find out if my question has been answered , I'm new,and I don't know how to find it
    I don't notice anything different at all.

I tried this back in April as well, and even then I noticed no difference.

I do notice that after reboots, luna restarts and turning my phone on, that upon first opening any app, it is a bit slow. After that, everything opens up smoothly and snappy. Is that normal for everyone?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyfak View Post
    how do I find out if my question has been answered , I'm new,and I don't know how to find it
    You can subscribe to the thread, or check your posting history under your profile. Click your name on the top right of this page in bold green letters, once in your profile, click statistics, then click find posts by "your name"
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    just recently got a vz pre plus and just set it to minimall logging and noticed a difference rght away ...thanks everyone for all the great tips, patches, and ideas ....just throwing this out there but I had a 2nd gen iphone and recently switched to vz on my parents fan plan .... I had very low expectations but I am now a huge webos fan and tell everyone I know how awesome it is