View Poll Results: Has this tweak helped you?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • I see drastic performance improvements!

60 15.63%
  • I see a small performance improvement.

197 51.30%
  • I do not notice any change in performance.

112 29.17%
  • I actually see a small slowdown in performance

6 1.56%
  • My phone is super laggy!

9 2.34%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #241  
    I'm not sure myself.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Did this yesterday. Gotta say that I don't really notice much of a difference. Perhaps a slight difference in specific apps but overall not much different than before. Still, glad it seems to have helped most of you.
  3.    #243  
    I'm thinking that when webOS matures more, Palm will tune the logging down by default and maybe this tweak won't matter as much.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Did the change yesterday but have noticed only a very small improvement - if at all. I'm using the Uberkernel at 720 MHz (screen state).
    +5 days on otherwise stock pre. Between small slowdown to super lagey.
    This tweak slowed down my AT&T Pre Plus... went back to 'base profile' and things seem okay for now. thank god this tweak was not permanent..
    certain functions ... definitely
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    does seem faster - Jewel Quest now works too - not sure if it was this or if it was the reboot . . .
    How do I manually set it to not log at all?
    ugghh, my pre is just not the same now. Even after setting things back to 'base profile' I'm still receiving jerkiness and lags that were absolutely *not* present before I attempted this tweak (exactly as the directions specified). I tried deleting the log files but that didn't fix anything either. Now whenever I try to get back into the log settings menu I receive a 'USSD Network Failure' message. Lastly, the icons for the apps in the app catalog are now blinking intermittently, a sure sign that something has gone wrong. I realize these 'hacks' are meant to be approached with caution but I've all but bricked my pre plus (at&t). I just want to return back to my previos settings. Any ideas guys?? My pre is straight up wacky now.

UPDATE: okay I went back, on a whim, and re-tried this hack again. Everything seems to be okay now and I think I'm even seeing the speed improvements that have been mentioned. Perhaps my pre just had issues with becoming immediately comfortable with such tweaks. Just hoping it stays like this.
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 07/03/2010 at 12:40 PM.
    At this point I think it's fairly evident that this tweak really only benefits Sprint Pre's as evidenced from the disparitly in the results in the poll. The 512MB RAM difference in the Pre Plus makes this adjustment as well as the need for the compcache kernel unnesasary IMO, wereas my Sprint Pre benefited from both.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    How do I manually set it to not log at all?
    There is also a patch that disables all logging http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2392455
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    At this point I think it's fairly evident that this tweak really only benefits Sprint Pre's as evidenced from the disparitly in the results in the poll. The 512MB RAM difference in the Pre Plus makes this adjustment as well as the need for the compcache kernel unnesasary IMO, wereas my Sprint Pre benefited from both.
    If you look through the thread, people with AT&T and Verizon have made positive comments. I think it depends more on number of apps installed and how often you run them, hence data to log. It's similar to Windows Vista's prefetching, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    If you look through the thread, people with AT&T and Verizon have made positive comments. I think it depends more on number of apps installed and how often you run them, hence data to log. It's similar to Windows Vista's prefetching, IMO.
    That's probably true. In any case it's helped my Pre run better.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I tried this, haven't really noticed much except a lot more TMC errors :/
    Helped me out oddly enough. Noticeable too.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Sprint Pre user here; seems to work ok for me!
  18.    #258  
    I updated the OP to add instructions for clearing your phone call history, it helps too.
  19.    #259  
    *Bumpify*
    this should get stickied. i'm a new pre user and i just saw this now. helped much!