View Poll Results: Has this tweak helped you?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • I see drastic performance improvements!

60 15.63%
  • I see a small performance improvement.

197 51.30%
  • I do not notice any change in performance.

112 29.17%
  • I actually see a small slowdown in performance

6 1.56%
  • My phone is super laggy!

9 2.34%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    just changed log, it does seems faster to me, maybe not significantly so but noticable so. gps finds location alittle faster but not more accurate. apps seem to open faster.
    i must amend my last post, after testing all apps, calender, text, etc. it is significantly faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    i must amend my last post, after testing all apps, calender, text, etc. it is significantly faster.
    Just an FYI...you can edit your previous post instead of creating a new one.
    yea, you're right. thanks. need to practice my typing.
    PROPS!

This worked wonders for my pre.
    When trying to change the logging I get "error" The "logctld" service wasn't found! Please install and start-up this service" I have the uber-kernal patch installed. I assume its because of that. That must be why the 800mhz patch works well....
    Ok...I voted "no change" - I have 4 launcher pages set up. When I do the left/right scrolling to change pages, I still get the occasional "stutter" where the screen will stop for a second before continuing. Glad to see some others are benefiting from this.

I currently have no overclocking set up either.
    No overclocking, ATT Pre, no slowdown but no speed up either. It would be nice if some ops-genius here had a benchmarking program...
    Leave out the subjective opinions; with a benchmarking program we would have a final objective metric to judge the setting by.

Any takers?
    Well, I noticed that some of the lag is most definitely gone. I don't think speed itself (I am running at 800MHz and could tell it was still slower at 500MHz) is impacted, but I think it definitely is taking a load off the OS. The pauses in reaction to events, including the keyboard, seem to be gone. That occasional pause in typing that would happen from time to time and either not register your key, or cause you to hit it again and end up with two of the same characters, appears to be gone. In fact, the occasional missed key seems to be gone as well. Could the logging have been responsible for many of the overall little annoyances that we deal with? It appears so to me.

Can't comment on the Too Many Cards, as I have a Pre+ and have never run into that. But I was able to sit there and type a very long memo, frequently using keys that tend to "miss" the most and had only one typing error in like 100-140 character memo. Normally I would have several if I just looked at the keyboard as I did. The keyboard just seems so much more responsive now. It feels a lot more like typing on my old Curve. I didn't have a huge issue with it before, but now I don't have any. Did even more in the email client with similar results (still misses quick double characters; i.e. "been" comes out "ben"). It did miss one "i" which is my most often missed character, but it didn't miss an "s" which is my close second, and I used a lot of both.

I would say this is definitely a worthy tweak unless you have phone issues/errors you need resolved, in which case you should keep the logs going until they're resolved.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    When trying to change the logging I get "error" The "logctld" service wasn't found! Please install and start-up this service" I have the uber-kernal patch installed. I assume its because of that. That must be why the 800mhz patch works well....
    Did you already have the "disable logging" patch installed?
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...I voted "no change" - I have 4 launcher pages set up. When I do the left/right scrolling to change pages, I still get the occasional "stutter" where the screen will stop for a second before continuing. Glad to see some others are benefiting from this.

I currently have no overclocking set up either.
    Do you have lots of patches or services? I found mine would stutter like you describe with any launcher patches, SysTools Manager Service, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Did you already have the "disable logging" patch installed?
    I did not think so... Do you know the name of it? I have a ton of patches installed...
  13.    #193  
    I did not think so... Do you know the name of it? I have a ton of patches installed...
    I believe "Disable Logging" is the actual name.
    Do you have lots of patches or services? I found mine would stutter like you describe with any launcher patches, SysTools Manager Service, etc.
    I have about 17 patches installed and 20 or so apps, both homebrew and from the app catalog so it's possible any of those could be causing the issue.

There was actually one time that I can remember where I swiped a launcher page to the left, it locked up and my Pre rebooted. Other than that, it's mostly just a minor annoyance.
    thank you for the info, hope it will help
    I believe "Disable Logging" is the actual name.
    I do not, but I found that after getting that error and restarting my phone, I guess it started it. I was able to change the logging now. sweet. Thanks for the help
    I did this today & have been able to go on the net without the error tmc, finally. I have noticed some speed in use too. I've very happy about this, thanks for the info. It's working great for me. By the way, I have about 75 patches on my PRE & DO see a difference with use.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    After doing this my pre runs a little faster, the biggest thing I noticed so far is that pictures take a lot shorter time to go from pixelated to clear. Thanks OP!
    When trying to change the logging I get "error" The "logctld" service wasn't found! Please install and start-up this service" I have the uber-kernal patch installed. I assume its because of that.
    That is not a valid assumption.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I love how rwhitby just chimes in on queue

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.