1.    #1  
    I was standing at Starbucks waiting for my friend, someone came up to me and ask where the nearby bank was. So I pulled out my phone, started typing the bank name on the keyboard, then tapped Google Maps. It pulled up all the results and indicated where it was. I can tell she was a bit amazed...

Problem is she confused my phone as a BlackBerry. I was like... it's a Palm.

Too bad the GPS lock didn't quite work. When it did indicate my position, GMaps thought I was still at where I had lunch, like 3 blocks away from where I was. So Palm/Google, please fix GMaps!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The GPS is a Bell issue, similar to the Verizon one.

Im in the USA roaming with my Bell Pre, on Sprints network right now and GPS is almost instantaneous.
    Very cool OP... The YPmobile app is great for this stuff too, but think it's only for US(?)
    People ask what my phone is and I'm like the Palm Pre, they're like whats that..I'm like..a really cool awesome new phone you should get it
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Jakeeee,

I used to be the same way...then everyone got one...my boss, my employees, my peers....My company runs on iphones and pre's.

-Casey
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Very cool OP... The YPmobile app is great for this stuff too, but think it's only for US(?)
    Actually we have Yellowpages.ca as an equivalent.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    The GPS is a Bell issue, similar to the Verizon one.

Im in the USA roaming with my Bell Pre, on Sprints network right now and GPS is almost instantaneous.
    Difference is that if it's outdoors, lock is instant. Just that for some reason indoors just doesn't work. Verizon AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $simply$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$.

GPS receives radio signals straight down from satellites. Indoors, tunnels, heavy tree canopy, lots of clouds will all mess up GPS signal.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    GPS receives radio signals straight down from satellites. Indoors, tunnels, heavy tree canopy, lots of clouds will all mess up GPS signal.
    I know that, but still relatively speaking it's still slow. My friend's E71 is instant, outdoors AND indoors.