1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I was just sitting here on this Memorial Day playing around with what I feel is truly the best mobile operating system on the market and, while browsing Preware, I realized just how much more enjoyable the experience has become due to all of the customization that's possible. I sometimes cannot believe how easy it is for me to think of something that I want and find that someone else has not only already thought of the same thing, but that person or persons has also made it possible for me and the throng (not thong) of other Pre and Pixi owners to implement on our devices. How incredible is that?! I sit here with almost 40 patches (perhaps a small number when compared to some others) and UberKernel, and it was all made possible by the likes of Jason Robitaille and the WebOS Internals crew.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say kudos to Palm for allowing it, first-and-foremost. However, I feel the true credit goes to Jason and the many other truly talented and forward-thinking technical folks that make patching and customization possible. I want to express my gratitude to you all. I think I speak on behalf of the whole patching and homebrew community in saying thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to making an already exceptional operating system so much more enjoyable and interesting. Your efforts continue to make for a great user experience, as well as inspiring and challenging more young developers to become involved and see what they can come up with. Most of all, you give us options. Keep up the great work and thank you again. Soon the general public will come to know what we all know already - WebOS ROCKS! What will you guys think of next? (ANTICIPATION)
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 05/31/2010 at 06:36 PM.
    I second that, just installed Preware, why did I wait!?! If you haven't installed it already, do it now!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    I second that, just installed Preware, why did I wait!?! If you haven't installed it already, do it now!
    Yeah, it took me a while to finally start patching and such because I was so afraid. However, I liken patching to tattoos . . . after your first one, you're hooked.
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 05/31/2010 at 07:15 PM.
    how did you make your font so small?
    +1

I am so glad to have such an amazing home brew community.
    Here! Here!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I agree – the homebrew community and WebOS Internals have given the palm phones a depth of user experience unlike any other phone on the market. The open architecture of WebOS is something often overlooked in the reviews when they speak of multitasking and synergy. The contributions of the creative members of the user community have added a new dimension to the smart-phone experience.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I agree the homebrew community and WebOS Internals have given the palm phones a depth of user experience unlike any other phone on the market. The open architecture of WebOS is something often overlooked in the reviews when they speak of multitasking and synergy. The contributions of the creative members of the user community have added a new dimension to the smart-phone experience.
    I agree completely. It will be interesting to see if other companies become more open to being more open (pun intended). Also, I hope HP doesn't change anything as far as homebrew is concerned.
    I agree with the sentiments, but if you are naming names, there's probably a number of others who deserve a mention.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I agree with the sentiments, but if you are naming names, there's probably a number of others who deserve a mention.
    Oh, I don't disagree. I tried to be as all-inclusive when I mentioned everyone, though. I really do appreciate ALL of those who have contributed to making the experience what it is.
    I absolutely agree. Thank you very much for everyone's hard work here.
    +1
  13.    #13  
    Thanks to all who have responded so positively. I can only hope that more people respond and keep this thread going so our developers and programmers know how much we appreciate their efforts.