View Poll Results: Which sex likes the Palm Pre best?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men like the Palm Pre too!

187 82.74%
  • Girls rock!

9 3.98%
  • Aliens also like the Pre!

30 13.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Well, I am a "man" - or at least a male - and not only do I have a PRE which I use on a daily basis but I also love it.

So there.

But. Perhaps that means I'm merely expressing my inner Female Side? After all, all of us are complex beings with components of the so-called male and female gender specific behaviors and instincts within us - men have feminine sides and women have masculine sides - so it's possible my enjoyment of my Pre....is merely an example of applied Behavior Psychology and elementary instinctive Biology?!

And....to further complicate the issue, I bought an excellent Touchstone-compatible hard protective outer case for me Pre - which I picked up down at a local Verizon store though my Pre is a Sprint model (proving the cross-pollinization of phone providers as well as flowers!) -

And my case is two-tone: the back of it is a somber Black....but the front is a muted but still strong PINK!

It's the first phone I've ever owned with a pinkish protective case.

So either that makes me a pink man.....a feminine-influenced guy....or as I voted.....a happy-with-his-Pre-phone ALIEN!!!

MIGUEL

(NOTE: my name is in secret alien code for fellow aliens:

M = Malevolent
    I = Intelligent
    G = Gooey
    U = Uber-Species
    E = Endangered
    L = Lighter-than-Air-Levitator!

I've been stuck on this planet ("earth") for too long in isolation and am hoping to receive some coded messages on my PRE (P = Powerful, R = Rubbery, E = Endomorphic) Alien-Messaging-Device

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    I think it has less to do with it "looking" like a girls phone verses a guys, and more to do with the fact of the Pre looking and feeling like some fragile piece of art or jewelry. It's elegant and beautiful and the first time I saw it, I thought it should be in a glass case on display.
    +1
    The design is very elegant and refined. Plus the fact that it often sits on a little pedestal (the TS) gives one the added impression that it resembles a small work of art. I think it was ingenious of Palm to devote so much time with regard to how the device should look and how it should feel in the hand.
    So - does its refinement mean it's a chick phone? Not at all. It just means that those who like it and want one are equally refined.
    Didn't you know the Pre has the darn best alien technology? Roger McNamee sold me the phone and said so!

So of course Aliens use it!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just wish it had a big logo or some distinguishing mark so people would recognize it. When the screen isn't lit up, it just looks like a random phone or coin purse. When people set down an Android or iPhone, people know what it is and may ask about it. I have yet to have someone notice my Pre and ask me what it is. I don't think they realize it is a phone unless I tell them or turn it on...
    Everyone knows my phone,as i make a point of sticking it under their noses.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    i'm in no way embarressed by my pre but I must admit it does have girlie features such as the mirror, small dimensions and rounded corners.
    it is without a doubt the most girlie phone i have owned... i need to go buy some shoes to match it
    LMAO this poll made my day. Verizon marketing does not a phone make. LOL Pre ONLY for women? Really? I'd say it's more for a GEEK than a gender!

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    it is without a doubt the most girlie phone i have owned... i need to go buy some shoes to match it
    This season, mauve is the new black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This season, mauve is the new black.
    It's totally jerkin'

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Quick man dressing tip: Shoes match the belt, not the phone
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hey, it's time to put this to a vote, is the Palm Pre really a chick's phone or does the Palm Pre appeal to both men and women alike? Let's settle this issue once and for all with a vote.
    I didn't realize it was an issue that needed settled.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Quick man dressing tip: Shoes match the belt, not the phone
    What if the shoes match the phone and the belt? If it were pink I'd say...we have a chick phone.

Also, don't take advice from taxi drivers
    I think im going to cry... *sniff*
    I never thought of this phone as being gender-specific before I read this post. I saw some ads, but none of them screamed "girly". My impression of the phone was that it was more "Zen-like", with its river-stone shape and flowing lines. As a Buddhist this appealed to me!

Look, I grew up in America, the land of marketing, and there's only two ways to make something for women: a cutesy image (like a kitten), or the colors pink or purple. If it lacks either of those things it's for both men and women. Mirrors? How in the world has the mirror become a female thing to own? I use multiple mirrors every day! Mirrors, in fact, are a marvel of engineering -- to spread and polish silver so thin is amazing.

That they would even attempt to market this to one gender or another kind of boggles the mind. Like with cleaning supplies. I don't think I've ever seen a man shown with a Swiffer or Pledge. Yeah, I'm a man and I clean surfaces, too!

I have a few issues with marketing and gender roles in America. It's an interesting subject, though, and one day I hope to read an informative book about it.
    Me like phone...me also manly man....me wondering how iphone escapes this question since men like fix and upgrade stuff, and iphone say push screen and shut up?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    to be perfectly honest, i seem to see more girls with iphones than guys.

really i don't see *anyone* with a pre, in my country

the idea that a phone, other than a pink one, can be 'for girls'? Bloody ridiculous.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I would sport this phone if it were pink and the default ringtone was 'It's Raining Men'! After seeing WebOS it didn't matter to me what it looked like. Plus a little Preware or WebOSQI can fix the girly stuff...oh yeah if it were pink...magic marker baby!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm a guy and I love my Pre! I also love women, because they rock!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    well said prince201. Well said.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast