Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I recently doctored my phone and everything went very well. I logged into Sprint Navigation and added all my addresses and made sure it was working fine. Today I put in an address and when I got to the "Getting Route" portion I get this error message:
    "The navigation service is not initialized yet, please quit current session and retry!".
    And it only gives you an option to exit the app. This message keeps popping up consistently until you press Exit. I restarted the phone, took the battery out and restarted, updated network settings and PRL settings (60665), all to no avail. I have bad reception here at my house, but I could still get on the internet. I then called Sprint, they pretty much had me do all of the same things again, still to no avail. They will be sending me a refurbished phone in a "few" days.
    Everything else on the phone seems to be working fine as of right now. I do have some homebrew apps and patches installed, but nothing related to the navigation app that I'm aware of.
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or anything similar? I could very well be missing a very easy fix that I'm not aware of.
    Did you try dialing ##477# ?

Sometimes that does the trick.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Did you try dialing ##477# ?

Sometimes that does the trick.
    What does that do exactly?
    You can use my free GPS program to help troubleshoot your GPS, too. My Pre can normally get a fix outside. It even works inside my house most of the time. But it won't work inside some commercial buildings. Too much metal fouls the GPS signals, I suppose. There is a link in my sig if you want to try it. If you can't get a fix outside, it is likely a hardware issue.

I am testing a new version with improved error handling (less hangs), but it is not in the catalog yet...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Im having the same problem too...can't use sprint navigation. is it possible that 1.4.1.1 doctor was bad?
    Hmmm. There is another thread almost just like this. It has a solution you might try.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...gps-error.html
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.