Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    do you have ip forwarding on and have you tried to repair the connection. Sometimes it takes a minute to get the connection. If it worked at the hospital it should work at home.
    yes and yes...

some of the connection details showed up differently, will elaborate tomorrow.
    I suggest you try Mobile Hotspot. You'd have been up and running a week ago if you had used that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    do you have ip forwarding on and have you tried to repair the connection. Sometimes it takes a minute to get the connection. If it worked at the hospital it should work at home.
    Yes to both. And back at the hospital I have not been able to connect today either. The one time it worked properly it showed I was connected to "AoNet 2" instead of just "AoNet". Also the one time it worked, MyTether showed the connected device as "User-PC". Now it shows the connected device as: "00:26:b6:66:77:14".

Not sure why the difference. Anyhow, here is what the screenshot of Windows 7's network/sharing center shows. If you click on the red X between "Unidentified Network" (park bench icon) and "Internet", that's when it troubleshoots and tries the repair connection. It always ends up saying something like "AoNet does not have a valid IP configuration" or something like that after it tries to repair the connection.

Not sure how I was able to get to work for a short time yesterday, but clearly it was a fluke. I think am going to take generic's suggestion and look at the mobile hotspot thread more closely.

PS, I really appreciate your prayers for my mom.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    OK I forgot the attachment on the previous post and couldn't figure out how to add it on edit. Here it is.
    Last edited by jjeffcoat; 09/02/2010 at 07:32 AM.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I suggest you try Mobile Hotspot. You'd have been up and running a week ago if you had used that.
    Well I'm having very little better luck with MHS. Connection SAYS I have Internet access but not able to actually surf the web. (Details posted on Mobile Hotspot thread).

So far I remain cursed when it comes to tethering.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123