Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    of course, I can understand why someone would say the Pre is a girly phone compared to the Droid, with its robust squarish figure, supposedly hard-core OS, and indifferent keyboard.
    That's why Verizon marketed the Pre towards women. They already pushed the Droid as a man's phone. It wouldn't make sense to market both of them towards men.

I believe Palm made the Pre for techie people. Why else would they leave the OS so open for modification. They gave us all the tools we needed to get into the filesystem and do whatever we wanted to. They even gave us a way to fix WebOS if we ever broke it (WebOS Doctor).

In the end, I don't really care if people say it's a girls phone. I've been using my Pre for almost a year now and it's the best phone I've ever had.

Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/31/2010 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    I don't carry a palm os machine anymore.
    Obviously
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Very funny, seeing the photos on twitter of the mirror being used for all kinds of things...by men.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    this title souldnt be about if Palm Pre is a chick phone, but how many of guys are not comfortable with their sexuality. this debate should be if straight guys should wear pink shirt.

c'mon guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    HAHAHA +1! I was hating myself for even bothering to read this thread until your comment!
    helping out fellow nerds.
    ha ha we got a girl phone
    Odd...I've seen mostly men using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Odd...I've seen mostly men using it.
    I've never seen someone else with a Pre...
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I still believe the pre looks like a rock.
    And i believe there is nothing more manlier than bashing in someones head with a rock.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    If it were a woman's phone they should have made it available in pink. That's the main reason my wife decided to get the BB Curve (it was available in pink).
    jim
    as soon as I read the title of this thread, I felt the need to go shopping.

and at starbucks I had them put a little umbrella in my chai tee.

palm has stolen my manhood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Do you use the mirror to help apply your makeup?
    I'm a woman, but all the people I've ever seen with one, including two at my job, are men. My old supervisor used to ask to see it on his break. He would repeat over and over "This is a NICE phone." That said, the flylady from FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house and home has one and has promoted it on her site. She has TENS of THOUSANDS of followers worldwide. I'm hoping she comes out with an app for it.

The FlyLady and Mommy Bloggers Attack Multitasking with Palm Pre Plus

FlyLady.net: FlyLady's Newspaper Column!!

This is an iphone app a lot of people use with her program, no word yet if they are going to develop for the pre, but they did a poll for it:

HomeRoutines App | 2010 | February
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Works for me! I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body anyway. I always knew that.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I don't think phones have genders any more than cars...well, except for the Madza Miata and of course, the Volkswagen Beetle. I wouldn't be caught dead in a car with a lil flower pot stuck to the dash!
    The head of my department (who has an Incredible) likes telling me it's a woman's phone. I usually respond by asking how he likes wireless charging, or getting content on his phone from his home computer while on the road. He doesn't ask so much any more.

Garrett92C said it best. If I want to do something w/my droid, I have to find an app. If want to do something w/my Pre, I do it.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Do you use the mirror to help apply your makeup?
    Hey, Popular Science magazine had a do-it-yourself article in this month's issue on how to stick a mirror to the front of your camera for good self shots (totally redneck looking - no offense to rednecks)... does that mean the camera is a now a woman's device because it has a makeup mirror on the front?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey, Popular Science magazine had a do-it-yourself article in this month's issue on how to stick a mirror to the front of your camera for good self shots (totally redneck looking - no offense to rednecks)... does that mean the camera is a now a woman's device because it has a makeup mirror on the front?
    Not if you use plenty of duct tape to attach the mirror...
    I don't think so, if anything the pixie is.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    shoulda named it the Palm Insecurity
    This signature for rent
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast