Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I was forced to WebOSDoctor my phone, anyways after the reset my music, photos, and videos were all there. Is that normal? Also one patch remained intact, I couldn't remove it earlier and I still can't. Why is this so?
    WebOS Doctor does not wipe the USB partition which contains your music, photos, videos, etc.

The add/remove launcher page patch remained intact didn't it?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Which patch are you saying remained? Extra pages? If this is what was left it is normal as the DR doesn't get rid of any extra pages you added before Doctoring. If it was something else, please let us know.

Also, the Doctor wont erase your USB items. If you want all that erased, you would have to select the Full Erase option under Device Info.
    the USB content isn't erased by the doctor.

Which patch do you think is still installed??
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The add/remove launcher page patch remained intact didn't it?
    You are correct sir or ma'am for some reason extra pages stayed. I'd just like to know if this will affect future homebrew/patches the only reason I doctored was because patches/preware would always mess up my gesture area LED light.
    For example, after I would install a patch if I were to swipe forward or back the LED would not glow it would just remain and if I opened an app it would blink
    if u use the doctor version 1.2.1 it will erase everything, than u can doctor to 1.4.1.1
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    If you want to remove your patch/patches, you'd have to do a full erase from your device.

Last launcher page > Device Info > Reset Options > Full Erase
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    unrelated, but what lead to your visit to the Dr.?
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    unrelated, but what lead to your visit to the Dr.?
    Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Ramen View Post
    You are correct sir or ma'am for some reason extra pages stayed. I'd just like to know if this will affect future homebrew/patches the only reason I doctored was because patches/preware would always mess up my gesture area LED light.
    For example, after I would install a patch if I were to swipe forward or back the LED would not glow it would just remain and if I opened an app it would blink
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  10.    #10  
    do you think a full erase will fix my problem with patches?
  11.    #11  
    Even after a Secure Full Erase, the add/remove launcher page patch remained.

I just want to know how I can my LED issue again.
    I have a MAC OSX 10.6.x
    What's the best way to install homebrew and patches safely my Pre plus is running 1.4.2
    it isn't the patch that remained, just the extra page(s) that it created. You can reinstall the patch, delete the extra page(s) and remove the patch.

The easiest way to install patches and Homebrew is to use Preware. Simple, easy, and chock full 'o fun.
    Wow, I though WebOSDoctor wiped everything out and left you with an "out of the box" phone.
    I think with 1.3.1 it stopped touching the usb portion. During the catalog fiasco I doctored down to 1.0.3 and doctored back up at total of 6 different doctors but my pre was clean.

when you download the doctor you right click on the shortcut and go to properties and the last part of the filename is where you need to look.

I am glad I saved all those webos doctors. It was funny when I was searching for them I found them in the java downloads with very funny names so if you need previous doctors you can try to look in
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0
    of course your
    HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401
    is your user name for your computer.

there are many folders in there but if you put your mouse over them the ones with over 200mb are good places to look. Like I said I found all previous versions of webos doctors on my computer that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Wow, I though WebOSDoctor wiped everything out and left you with an "out of the box" phone.
    Too many people complained how when they "bricked" their phone they couldn't back up their photos and music before they doctored, so Palm changed how the WebOS Doctor worked to not touch the media partition. (who says Palm doesn't listen?)

Personally I would like a command line argument to wipe the whole device.
    Full Erase under Reset Options in the Device Info app allows you to wipe the whole device.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I got a replacement Pre (Sprint) and transferred profile to new Pre before i erased USB data from old (v1.4.5). I thought WebOS Doctor erased everything. I can't log back into old Pre to erase usb using current profile and can't create a new profile. Anyway i can get to usb to erase?
    last time i saw the dr it removed the media sync option when i plug usb cable in,any thoughts on that? Still get just charge and usb option?
    Yes, the media sync option is not shown anymore, but you can re-enable it in the preferences if you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTrane View Post
    I got a replacement Pre (Sprint) and transferred profile to new Pre before i erased USB data from old (v1.4.5). I thought WebOS Doctor erased everything. I can't log back into old Pre to erase usb using current profile and can't create a new profile. Anyway i can get to usb to erase?
    If you want to do a Secure Full Erase, one method would be to re-activate your old phone via Sprint's website (ESN swap) - you can then login to your old profile which would allow you to do the secure full erase. Once that is done, perform the ESN swap back to your new device.

There may be an easier way but the above should work.

Edit: Here is another method you could try, not sure if it will work but it's used to access the USB drive if your Pre's touchscreen doesn't work:

Hook up your Pre to a computer with a USB cable and hit Option + Sym + U (for USB) and see if the Pre will mount as a USB drive. You then have access to your files which you can delete BUT if you want to do a secure delete (remove all traces), you may need a 3rd party "file shredding" program.
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/15/2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast