Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New member here and just wanted to have a formal introduction and not be rude. I just bought a pre plus from amazon and should arrive here on Thursday. I'm coming from a Blackberry curve 8310 so this should be a nice change.

I already got a bunch of stuff for the phone today (mugen 1400 battery, skinoma screen protector, touchstone with included back cover and car charger from radioshack and a side holster. My question is for the spare battery on the touchstone. The phone will come a non ts back so I was wondering if I can use one of the battery with the non ts back while leaving the ts back cover sitting on the ts with the spare battery on top? Will it still charge without the phone? I went thru countless ts and battery threads but did not see anyone mentioning this. I was hoping to use the mugen battery throughout the day at work while the oem battery charges thru the ts cover so I can swap out and play some more when I get home

Thanks for any feedback and I look forward to learn more about the phone once it arrives.
    Won't charge w/out the phone.

And Welcome to the forums
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/01/2010 at 06:49 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Welcome!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Agreed, it won't charge without the phone. Also, the Pre Plus comes with a TS back already installed.

It sounds like what you are looking for is a spare battery charger. I believe that you can use a Centro battery charger, and you may be able to find one quite inexpensively. I'm not certain of this, however.

Oh yes, and welcome to PreCentral!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Welcome to the P|C forums! Great question - I hope you got the answer. It sounds like you're ready to go once the phone arrives. Enjoy it and be sure to ask if you have any questions.
    welcome to Precentral! Your life will never be the same!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Welcome to Precentral!
    Welcome. You should be able to get the Plam-branded external charger from Amazon at a good price. Run over to Radio Shack and see if you can find any more Touch Stone chargers that they have been closing out for $15.00 lately. Also get the car chargers that they are closing out for less than $10 each. They will power a touchstone in the car, and you will love it!

What carrier did you buy your Pre for?

All of the items you listed are good choices.

One thing, you should grab a few Plam wall chargers from Amazon (less than $10 delivered) so you have palm-branded stuff to run those extra touchstone chargers...

Finally, where are you planning to sync your contacts? COming from Blackberry, are you using an Exchange server, Outlok, etc?

Also, find the app called "I love Homebrew" and download it. It has some helpful links, and downloading it helps it in a contest that Palm is running that could win some money for the home brew guys (I am not a home brewer, they are much smarter than I am...)

And, here are some useful links. Have fun!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-pixi.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    Welcome to your new dual addiction! Your Pre and Pre Central...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Welcome. You should be able to get the Plam-branded external charger from Amazon at a good price. Run over to Radio Shack and see if you can find any more Touch Stone chargers that they have been closing out for $15.00 lately. Also get the car chargers that they are closing out for less than $10 each. They will power a touchstone in the car, and you will love it!

What carrier did you buy your Pre for?

All of the items you listed are good choices.

One thing, you should grab a few Plam wall chargers from Amazon (less than $10 delivered) so you have palm-branded stuff to run those extra touchstone chargers...

Finally, where are you planning to sync your contacts? COming from Blackberry, are you using an Exchange server, Outlok, etc?

Also, find the app called "I love Homebrew" and download it. It has some helpful links, and downloading it helps it in a contest that Palm is running that could win some money for the home brew guys (I am not a home brewer, they are much smarter than I am...)

And, here are some useful links. Have fun!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-pixi.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    +1
    I use a touchstone and have 3 spare batteries. My main is a 1450mah and the others I charge with a battery only charger. Most days I only need the main battery but if I am going to be doing heavy use that day and not be around a charger I take the spares with me.
    I'll update this post with the charger I use in a few.

Welcome to the family.

I am not promoting any seller but this is the charger I use and it can be had for only 4.00 with shipping on ebay. It will keep your spare battery charged for ready use. The USB out will not charge the phone though. Then again you only need it for the battery. Do a search for Palm charger and you will find many selling this charger.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 05/31/2010 at 12:12 AM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  11.    #11  
    Wow thanks for the warm welcome and quick replies. I bought the touchstone for 15and the car charger for 9 at RadioShack, thanks to this forum. I tried to look at other Radio Shacks but they were cleaned out. Looks like we might have some Pre users here in Arkansas lol. Will definitely pick up more ts's if I run across them. Thanks for the heads up on the battery charger, I went ahead and picked up one on ebay.

I've lurking on this forum for the past month and a half since I found out that the Pre was coming to ATT and decided that it was going to be my next gadget of choice. Been reading up and soaking up info and had a lot of questions answered by searching and browsing so I won't look like a noob.

I bought the Pre plus for ATT since I qualified for an upgrade. I didn't want an Iphone since I bought one for my wife for Christmas and saw how limiting it was for me unless I jailbroke it. She was not having any of that lol. I don't sync with outlook or anything corporate related but just sync to my pc via blackberry's desktop manager for general back up purposes.

Man, I spent way more on accessories than what I paid for the phone and I'm getting ready to buy more my poor wallet.....
    Welcome to Pre|C, rumproast.

Pull up a chair and throw some popcorn in the microwave.
    Before you know it, u'll be one of the people helping others around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Welcome to your new dual addiction! Your Pre and Pre Central...
    HAHA! Well put!

Welcome to you! RumpRoast

This is a great community where you will be wishing there were more hours in the day to read, lurk, try, search, experiment, explore and just be WOWED each and every day.

Pre is an amazing device, and the added benefit of Homebrews and Patches, really make it simply Out of this WORLD!

Welcome and ENJOY!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I use a touchstone and have 3 spare batteries. My main is a 1450mah
    Where did you get a 1450 mAh battery....or did you mean 1400?
    Quote Originally Posted by RumpRoast View Post
    Wow thanks for the warm welcome and quick replies. I bought the touchstone for 15and the car charger for 9 at RadioShack, thanks to this forum. I tried to look at other Radio Shacks but they were cleaned out. Looks like we might have some Pre users here in Arkansas lol. Will definitely pick up more ts's if I run across them. Thanks for the heads up on the battery charger, I went ahead and picked up one on ebay.

I've lurking on this forum for the past month and a half since I found out that the Pre was coming to ATT and decided that it was going to be my next gadget of choice. Been reading up and soaking up info and had a lot of questions answered by searching and browsing so I won't look like a noob.

I bought the Pre plus for ATT since I qualified for an upgrade. I didn't want an Iphone since I bought one for my wife for Christmas and saw how limiting it was for me unless I jailbroke it. She was not having any of that lol. I don't sync with outlook or anything corporate related but just sync to my pc via blackberry's desktop manager for general back up purposes.

Man, I spent way more on accessories than what I paid for the phone and I'm getting ready to buy more my poor wallet.....
    Welcome to PreCentral and webOS! When you get a chance take a look in here:http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...stop-here.html

Enjoy your new Pre+!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Welcome to Pre|C, rumproast.

Pull up a chair and throw some popcorn in the microwave.
    Before you know it, u'll be one of the people helping others around here.

and before you know it, you won't have made eye contact with any one for days (u will be glued to your phone)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Where did you get a 1450 mAh battery....or did you mean 1400?
    Well, I think I am check mated. I opened the back up and yup it is a 1400. Must have been a typo..lol
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Welcome to PreCentral!

Jim J.
    welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    welcome to Precentral! Your life will never be the same!
    Yeah, I agree.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast