Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was at my local Best Buy today and a salesman in the mobile department said they arent getting anymore Palm Pres for any carrier (Sprint/Verison/AT&T) and that they stopped producing them because it wasnt a popular enough phone. Is that true!?!?!?!?!?
    no i dont believe that at all . but it could be true i guess
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    duoh! (homer simpson)
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just me, but I personally don't believe ANYTHING that anyone wearing one of those blue shirts tells me.
    Best Buy in my area is not carrying the Sprint Palm Pre either (or the Verizon Pre Plus). I was told that Sprint is phasing it out and that Best Buy is dropping the Verizon version because no one wants anything except the Incredible on Verizon now. They didn't say anything about ATT - didn't even seem aware that it was on ATT now.
    well, the LAST person to have insight into future plans from vendors that are sold by a ginat retail chain would be..... a retail sales rep in a local big box retailer... Or perhaps he wants you to believe that Ruby gave him a call so that he above all other retail phone sales people would know the future...

Just another sales person that likes to hear his own voice, and try to impress customers with great knowledge... IMHO
    And rememeber that Best Buy carries about 50 different phones from at least 3 carriers. They aren't sitting around picking Palm out of the croud as not being popular enough. If people only wanted the EVO and/or Incredible, they would only carry those two phones.

I still think Sprint will pick up the Pre+ yet this year, whether Radio Shack and Best Buy carry them or not...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/30/2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo
    My daughter and son-in-law both picked up Pixi's the end of last week with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    I was at my local Best Buy today and a salesman in the mobile department said they arent getting anymore Palm Pres for any carrier (Sprint/Verison/AT&T) and that they stopped producing them because it wasnt a popular enough phone. Is that true!?!?!?!?!?
    Went to BB website and guess what, Palm phones are still there.

Here is the Verizon Pre Plus on BB website:
    Palm - Pre Plus Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless) - P101VZW

Here is the at&t Pre Plus on the BB website:
    Palm - Pre Plus Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - P101UNA

Here is the Sprint Pre on the BB website:
    Palm - Pre Mobile Phone - Black (Sprint) - PALM100HK

Moral of the story, don't ever believe what a salesman tells you.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I was in 3 Radioshacks & 1 Best Buy today trying to pick up Pre accessories on clearance (got 3 Touchstones for $16, a bunch of the 3-packs of screen protectors for $5 each, a leather case for $11, the plastic holster for $9? and the car charger for $7 I think). Anyway, they were pretty much cleared out beyond those things. There were some screen protectors & cases left, but only one other Touchstone in the whole of Rochester NY (the RS called called around the other stores).

None of those stores had a Pre, Pre+ or Pixi in sight (but we knew that), and the few people I talked to didn't even know that AT&T carried the Plus. One person said "cool, maybe we'll get it here soon then". Uh, your company just dropped the Sprint version and are clearing out the accessories, you work it out Einstein.

One thing I noticed was that all those stores only had dummy phones, but people were still holding them & pushing buttons (!). Huh?? How can you be expected to buy a phone on the strength of a plastic model? What use is that?!? (The corporate AT&T & Vz stores I went to had all functioning phones, or course).
    1. i LOVE how they post the color of the Pres on the websites, as if they come in any other color XD
    2. maybe they're making way for new hardware (secretly) and are using the low sales as an excuse. because YOU KNOW there are tons of people on SPrint who got the Pre alone, and are waiting on a new, if not a primary, flagship webOS device from Palm to Sprint.
    3. @Cantaffordit makes sense. why carry oranges when people want strawberries?
    4. the people in the blue shirts are only there to tell you what their superiors told them. those superiors have OTHER superiors who know everything and don't tell anyone, unless they're paid for a rumor. so, don't expect Sally from best buy to know anything
    Time and Tech moves on.
    I have found that since my 1st computer (Video Brain 1980) that about when I get a Techy Toy of mire set just the way I want it:It is obsolete!
    A PITA!
    But, goingi in the P3 is mainly for me a Mobile Hot Spot for 29.99+ tax, and ever thing else is just FUN!! and when the Mobile HotSpot ends, or cost much more - Such Is Life!
    So what happens if you have insurance from Best Buy and your Pre breaks and they dont have them in-stock anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy08 View Post
    So what happens if you have insurance from Best Buy and your Pre breaks and they dont have them in-stock anymore?
    Your warranty is fulfilled by Sprint. Call Sprint CS and they should help you. If you get the extended warranty with Best Buy and bring in the phone, the Geek Squad will send it in for repair and you won't see it for 30 days... as if it were a camera or DVD player... not a good option. Another reason to NEVER buy extended warranty from a retailer... I have the VZ insurance, but that is handled differently. If I bought from a retailer (which I wouldn't do), I'd either get the carrier insurance, or visit squaretrade.com for an extended warranty. Never a store warranty extension. They are a major rip-off, especially for a phone. You can't be without your phone for 30 days while they fix it, and they are under no obligation to even loan you something while they are fixing it...

It is a Sprint phone, so it's best to let them take care of you.

I'm just sayin'...
    I got the $10 a month insurance from Best Buy for a Pixi. It is not an extended warranty, it is insurance, with no deductible. Guy in the store told me that you could throw the phone against a wall and get a new one.
    does it have to be fulfilled at Bestbuy? Better hope they will exchange your phone with no delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post

The Pre is no longer being made for Sprint. But I do believe that Sprint will get the Pre Plus. the Pre Plus is still being made for Verizon and AT&T. Why would they stop making the Pre Plus for AT&T when they just started selling them? They wouldn't. The Best Buy guy probably doesn't like Palm products. The guy at Best Buy tried to sell me a Google phone, but I wanted a Pre, so I got one.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    I got the $10 a month insurance from Best Buy for a Pixi. It is not an extended warranty, it is insurance, with no deductible. Guy in the store told me that you could throw the phone against a wall and get a new one.
    True statement! Thats why I'm not worried about bricking or over heating with uber/govnah. Simply get a new one from BB, if I have to throw it on the ground so be it.

I do believe sprint will discontinue accepting current Pre's but not future new productions. That will not include Pre plus, Palm can't be that stupid. I believe Palm knows what it needs to do to compete, and have learned from mistakes.

With new phones being released like EVO and iPhone 4 with new hardware, I'm certain the next palm device will have much similar HW. So I expect front face cam, 1ghz processor, definitely more RAM just to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    duoh! (homer simpson)
    I'm sorry, but as a loyal Simpson's fan I cannot refrain. The correct spelling is "d'oh"

I mean it got into the Oxford English dictionary for jebus' sake

As for Pre's not being made anymore, I could see it happening if they were planning to release a new phone on Sprint sometime in the near future. If this were the case then Sprint most likely wouldn't sell Pre's anymore in lieu of the new phone.
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by kid james View Post
    The Pre is no longer being made for Sprint.
    Care to back up your opinion with some fact?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast