Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If you get the extended warranty with Best Buy and bring in the phone, the Geek Squad will send it in for repair and you won't see it for 30 days...
    wrong

palm pre is rapid exchange, you take yours in and get a new one in the mail within 2-3 days typically
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I too have read rumors on several forums that Palm is not currently manufacturing either version of the Pre. My source at Sprint says that Sprint hasn't ordered any Pre's in months and that there is a new Palm device currently being tested by Sprint.
    Word is, that's it's basically s Pre Plus with a bigger screen and a slightly faster processor. He's going to try to get some specs. I'll pass them along if and when he does.
    The Saint
    I can not speak for best buy, but I had bought my phone from radioshack because I am 30 miles from the nearest sprint store. I also bought the radioshack warranty. My phone got stuck on speaker and I called to have it replaced, if you search the forum there is a post about it. Radioshack has drop Palm. I am in the middle of getting a giftcard replacement so I can get the phone of my choice. I had to do a lot of arguing to make it that way. Like it or not us loyal pre user are far and few. To many hardware issues to lots of phones and then to a lot of the ones that did work, didn't have video or couldn't forward a text when tons of dumb phones could. Now Att&t is going to release the pre and pixi. It will be at least 18 months before HP releases a new phone. I hope I'm wrong, but I put my order in for the EVO I think I am really going to miss my keyboard. I hope HP gets the new pre out there and kicks some ****, but I think it will be a while.
    I'll play rumor mill here for a sec... someone from Palm that I follow on twitter, who is named in pretty much every palm/webos people to follow on twitter posting in these forums made an update over the weekend that was pretty much a parody of the 4G iPhone incident saying "don't leave the phone on the bar stool." I'm hoping this is a somewhat indicator of internal testing of some new (phone) hardware.
    i can only find them online but not in any bestbuy in my area
    I ran to the sears today and while I was at the mall I stopped at the Sprint kiosk their and talked to them. They said the same thing about the two stores. I asked about a new pre coming out and they said the only two phones coming out this summer they new about this summer are the EVO and iphone. My bad news is if I had gone their first they would have done a advance return on my phone and I would still be a pre user in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgummy View Post
    I ran to the sears today and while I was at the mall I stopped at the Sprint kiosk their and talked to them. They said the same thing about the two stores. I asked about a new pre coming out and they said the only two phones coming out this summer they new about this summer are the EVO and iphone. My bad news is if I had gone their first they would have done a advance return on my phone and I would still be a pre user in the future.
    OK, so this screams out with bells and whistles for 2 reasons. The biggest is that SPrint told you they are coming out with and iphone??? I doubt it.

Secondly if they only release the Evo in June and nothing else this summer they have big problems.
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    wrong

palm pre is rapid exchange, you take yours in and get a new one in the mail within 2-3 days typically
    Really...? There was another thread a while ago mentioning that the Pre was no longer covered under the Rapid Replace policy. One of my local Best Buy's is also under the impression that it is not.
    There is no reason to get upset or defensive or get the ruler out and start measuring here. I love(d) my pre and if it wouldn't have been for it getting stuck on speaker permanently and me already being committed to the replacement because of the cold they placed on my credit card till they receive my phone back. I would have changed it out at the kiosk, cause they said they would. TAKE IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post

Really...? There was another thread a while ago mentioning that the Pre was no longer covered under the Rapid Replace policy. One of my local Best Buy's is also under the impression that it is not.
    65fastback or any Best Buy employee. Is the Pre still Rapid Replace or not?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12