1.    #1  
    So, I'm using Conservative, all the default settings. But I don't know which setting is better. How much would the extra +50 increase hamper my battery?

Anyone use these settings? Lemme know!
    I'm running 500 and 720 with the Screenstate govenor. It seems to be working well.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm running 250/720 with screenstate. That seems to be doing well. At 500, the phone had a tendency to get hot.
    Im pretty sure conservative requires a lot more battery than constant frequencies, like screenstate.

Just a theory I don't really know, I'm guessing it makes it check if it needs to overclock every second (or whatever you set it at).
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  5.    #5  
    hmm, that's interesting. any research to back that up?
    not exactly just battery monitor so its kinda unscientific. hah id like to see if it was better or not.
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

LOVE IT
  7.    #7  
    well, imma try Performance 720/720 and see how that goes.
    I really think screenstate is the best. I like knowing chances of overheating while in my pocket is slimmer and that it will mitigate some of the damage to the life of my cpu

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    Im pretty sure conservative requires a lot more battery than constant frequencies, like screenstate.

Just a theory I don't really know, I'm guessing it makes it check if it needs to overclock every second (or whatever you set it at).
    I believe you are correct. From my experience any scaling governor that is set with a minimum below 500Mhz seems to put more strain on the CPU, which also causes the overheating problem that people have been experiencing. In screenstate or performance with the minimum set at 500 or 550Mhz my Pre rarely goes over 42C.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10.    #10  
    Heat really isn't an issue for me, even in Texas. I just want good battery life, with a splash of speed. hence the 720 and not 800. I really only use messaging, email, facebook, and the occasional browser session. throw in a phone call here and there, and that's my pre plus!

just want the best daily battery life
    Like the others, I've tried several different settings and use Screenstate 500/720 right now (was 800 before). This setting has seemed to give me the best battery performance so far. When I play games or video, I change it to Performance settings instead - seems to help with TMC issues (but still trying to confirm that).
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Like the others, I've tried several different settings and use Screenstate 500/720 right now (was 800 before). This setting has seemed to give me the best battery performance so far. When I play games or video, I change it to Performance settings instead - seems to help with TMC issues (but still trying to confirm that).
    Really? About how long on a full charge?
    Pretty tough to say since it's a very subjective thing. I use mine heavily through the day for work and end up putting it on my TC at my desk during the day. But I usually see around a 2% drain overnight with 2 exchange accounts set to deliver mail immediately, and 3 other home accounts checking mail hourly. Today I used it for work (a few calls, and checking email) and it is at 30% right now (started at 7 am)

There are days I make it all day with no issues, but there are other days I've got to charge it once (twice in HEAVY use days). It's normal. Remember that once you get your device you will want to let the battery drain way down before charging for the first few cycles. Your battery performance will gradually increase as your device settles and battery breaks in.
    looking to get to oc to 800..
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I'm running 250/720 with screenstate. That seems to be doing well. At 500, the phone had a tendency to get hot.
    Yes, this is what I have found to be the best also. And the battery seems to last a little better.