1.    #1  
    I'm in the process of buying an unlocked Palm Pre in the UK.

It was originally on the o2 network.

Do I have to do anything special to set-up a Palm Profile?

Cheers for any pointers.

W
    Do you know how it was unlocked?
    I know some of the unlock methods don't allow to set up a profile or access the app store. Will you have 3g access on it? And you might want to find out what webOS version it is running and find out if you will be able to update it without breaking the unlock.
    Sorry for giving more answers than solutions, I'm not to clued up on this subject myself.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Do you know how it was unlocked?
    I know some of the unlock methods don't allow to set up a profile or access the app store. Will you have 3g access on it? And you might want to find out what webOS version it is running and find out if you will be able to update it without breaking the unlock.
    Sorry for giving more answers than solutions, I'm not to clued up on this subject myself.
    Software unlock and running the latest WebOS

I thought all Palm Pre's run 3G Can anyone clear this last point up please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    Software unlock and running the latest WebOS
    Then I believe so long as you can access 3g you will be able to set up a palm profile. All that should happen is that on start up the pre will ask you for you palm profile or to create a new one, just choose to create a new one.

They do all run 3g, I think it is just some unlock methods stop it from being used, but this might be an american problem that I read.