1.    #1  
    Ok I did a search and I couldn't find anything related to this so sorry if already posted. Basically I have wifi turned on and I am noticing a few websites Ebay being the worst that do not wanna load. Ebay main site loads up fine, but when I try to sign into my account the thing just spins all day and doesn't load. Sometimes it does load but VERY slowly. So I go and turn off Wifi and then bam it has no issues loading into my account on ebay. So I have seen this happen on a few sites.

What is the deal?!?!? Is it something with our Linksys N router or what? I mean we have no issues with Wifi over our laptops or PC's linked to the same router signing into Ebay and all that. With how much I visit ebay its just a freaking hassle having to turn off Wifi when at home just to get into my account. So if anyone has this same problem or knows how to fix it I would greatly appreciate some responses. Thanks and PALM MAKE THE FREAKING PRE SAVE USERNAME AND PASSWORDS GRR!!!
    I don't think the Pre supports 'N' wifi... You'll need to play around with your router settings.
    It seems as though sometimes the Wifi and EVDO radios fight with each other. So in some situations it's best to turn one of them off to get the best performance. From my experience if you have a strong EVDO signal, you can turn off Wifi in those instances.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    It seems as though sometimes the Wifi and EVDO radios fight with each other. So in some situations it's best to turn one of them off to get the best performance. From my experience if you have a strong EVDO signal, you can turn off Wifi in those instances.
    EV at my house isnt so hot. I go from 1 to 3 bars and sometimes 0 so keeping Wifi on seems like something I need to keep doing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    EV at my house isnt so hot. I go from 1 to 3 bars and sometimes 0 so keeping Wifi on seems like something I need to keep doing...
    Does your router have the option to broadcast using 'G'? If it does, try that and see if your Pre works better.
    remember that the Pre will default to WiFi if it is available. There are certain places where I get crummy wifi reception. I can tell because all of a sudden browser pages get really slow. I shut off the wifi radio and things instantly get faster. If you are having issues with the signal, or settings with an "N" router, it may exhibit the same symptoms.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    remember that the Pre will default to WiFi if it is available. There are certain places where I get crummy wifi reception. I can tell because all of a sudden browser pages get really slow. I shut off the wifi radio and things instantly get faster. If you are having issues with the signal, or settings with an "N" router, it may exhibit the same symptoms.
    I am getting 3 out of 3 signal on Wifi on my Pre. So it has to be something to do with the router settings. Possibly something to do with our router being N and not G like the last poster said. I can't believe I am one of the few to notice this. I mean why does it fly along on ESPN and CNET but a site where it requires a login like Ebay or our credit unions website it just hangs and does not load or does it slowly! This is so annoying...
    I had to have my Pre replaced. It does connect to my N router (Cisco Wireless-N WRT160Nv2), but not nearly as well as my original Pre. It frequently loses the connection, and rarely shows a full connection. The back feels very warm to the touch when I'm at home.

My launch day Sprint Pre had no trouble at all with my Cisco Wireless N router at home. Then I finally had to fork over the $100 insurance deductible for other reasons and got a replacement from Asurion. The replacement would not recognize my router at all. I took it to the Sprint repair center where it recognized 3 of the 6 wireless routers there. My iTouch saw 6, the replacement pre saw 3. They said, "the Pre doesn't work with certain kinds of routers." When I explained that my original Pre had no trouble, they sent me back to Asurion. I called Asurion and (long story short), got a replacement for the replacement. The new replacement, as I said, works, but not as well.

Update: Got a replacement for the replacement from Asurion. The new one was not a refurb, and it works perfectly. It always has a WiFi connection at home, and usually at full strength. To get it, I called Asurion again and explained the problem. They asked me to get it checked out by Sprint support. Support reported that there was no damage to the phone. Asurion promptly sent a replacement.
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 06/11/2010 at 12:30 PM.
    N routers should be backwards compatible with B/G devices, such as the Pre, though it may require some configuration. Nothing is guaranteed, of course.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    N routers should be backwards compatible with B/G devices, such as the Pre, though it may require some configuration. Nothing is guaranteed, of course.
    Like what type of configuration?
    It depends on the router, but usually there is a home page where you can make changes.
    Thanks, jbg, for a hint on how to get to the settings. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do once you get there?
    Got yet another replacement unit from Asurion, and it works perfectly (see my update to my earlier post).
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Thanks, jbg, for a hint on how to get to the settings. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do once you get there?
    Most routers let you change the transmission rate to one of several settings:

/b
    /b, /g, /n
    /b and /g only
    /n only

etc. Since you're connecting to other sites without problems, I doubt changing any of these will correct the problem, but it couldn't hurt just to try...You access the router's settings by going to whatever you have its IP address set to. Open a web browser on your computer and go to http://192.168.1.1 (which I believe is the default addy for Linksys/Cisco) The manual that came with the router (or the manufacturer's website) can explain further.

Have you checked your Credit Union for a mobile-formatted website? Much faster loading without all the "eye-candy" would be the result.

WyreNut