1.    #1  
    Well picked up my Ipad without 3G and tethered it to my Bell Palm Pre. Works awesome! Apple and Palm working together for the greater good.
    It's nice to see some good news about Pre/ipad tethering. Almost all the threads I've seen say that tethering to the ipad is terrible...

Mines a little on the slow side but it works decently (for free). I'm hoping the wifi update that Apple has promised will make some improvements.
    My iPad/Palm tethering works well enough. It takes a few minutes for it to actually get connected but aside from that...
    I agree. It works like a charm on my pre plus through Verizon.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I went for a WiFi only iPad because I expected to tether with the Pre on Sprint. while it does work, my biggest problems are the mytether app not consistently working and battery drain on the Pre. I really wish Sprint got an official tether app like Verizon.

Anyway, it took a week to figure out where an iPad fit in my life, but now that I got things figured out then I am convinced that Tablets are a legit platform and HP would be smart to get WebOS out on one soon. It's ready and I think they have a better chance at success by focusing on Tablets than Phones.
    I tethered my Pre to my iPod touch. I'd be all over the iPad if I tethered it when needed.
    My iPad tethers well enough with the mobile hotspot app. It's definitely not fast when compared to my home wifi, but it will load a webpage pretty quick.

I have noticed that every once in a while, it will loose connection, and then reconnect. This usually only happens in the car though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I went for a WiFi only iPad because I expected to tether with the Pre on Sprint. while it does work, my biggest problems are the mytether app not consistently working and battery drain on the Pre. I really wish Sprint got an official tether app like Verizon.

Anyway, it took a week to figure out where an iPad fit in my life, but now that I got things figured out then I am convinced that Tablets are a legit platform and HP would be smart to get WebOS out on one soon. It's ready and I think they have a better chance at success by focusing on Tablets than Phones.
    I first tried using myTether as well, and I have to say it's an absolute joke compared to the Mobile Hotspot app. You know you can get that app on your Pre if you're using it on Sprint, right (cant see your details since I'm on the mobile site at the moment)?

anyway, add me as another user very satisfied tethering my iPad and Macbook to my Pre. Used it on a 6-hour train ride recently for business and it worked flawlessly (while in coverage).
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    When I first got the iPad, I took a screen cap of my pre and put the photo on the iPad. I think a high resolution webos tablet will look nice.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    When I first got the iPad, I took a screen cap of my pre and put the photo on the iPad. I think a high resolution webos tablet will look nice.

That's pretty cool..I was just skimming the thread and when I saw that pic I had to do a double take!

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    If only I could find a in browser emulator for webos that doesn't require flash.
  13.    #13  
    I found that using the unthrottle download patch makes a difference. I get about 1.2mbps tethering to my PC. Not too bad.
    Where is the Mobile Hotspot app that you are talking about? I just got a ipad and would like to be able to use it for connecting.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    Where is the Mobile Hotspot app that you are talking about? I just got a ipad and would like to be able to use it for connecting.
    I see you're on Sprint in which case, you will need to see this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

Keep in mind that to do this, you will have to put your phone in developer mode, if you haven't already looked into homebrew apps and patches on your Pre's.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    The links in the above do not work.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    I'm on the road this week and MHS through verizon is very slow. When I do a speed test on the palm, get 1.5 mb download speeds, but on my iPad 150kbs. At home always get 700kbs to 1.5mbs download speeds on iPad which is the same as MHS. in different markets, verizon must be throttling back for the iPad.
    why would you want to dirty a pre by pairing it with a iPad