1.    #1  
    Hi. I bought my phone second hand, and i have a problem with it. I bought an unlocked phone, so i don't have a carrier and i dont have a store to go to. Where can i get my phone repaired?
    Well, I believe the 1-year Palm warranty only covers you if you are the original purchaser. Has you device been activated by the previous user?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis01 View Post
    Hi. I bought my phone second hand, and i have a problem with it. I bought an unlocked phone, so i don't have a carrier and i dont have a store to go to. Where can i get my phone repaired?
    You don't say what's wrong with it, but here's one place:

PDASmart.com
    You can contact palm for repairs but I'm not sure what the cost would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You can contact palm for repairs but I'm not sure what the cost would be.
    I called Palm to see if I could get my power button fixed, got transferred to their sales department who wanted to transfer me back to their technical department.

Neither could provide any help at all. Maybe I got the wrong department.
    call your carrier. Its under warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    He doesn't have a carrier.

Or were you referring to my post?

I took it to a Sprint store...they "repaired" it if you want to call it that. It feels like they stuck some bubble gum under the button. It works but you have to press hard.
    OP bought a previously used Pre. That voids the warranty. The only option is getting it fixed by some cellphone repair shop or buying another used phone. Getting it fixed is going to be very pricy if you have someone else do it.
    assuming he will activate it, they should be able to assist. They even let him buy insurance. If it will never be activated. Palm may eventually help. But because eachphone is specific to a carrier, that is generally the place to start...
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    assuming he will activate it, they should be able to assist. They even let him buy insurance. If it will never be activated. Palm may eventually help. But because eachphone is specific to a carrier, that is generally the place to start...
    I thought carriers don't let you put insurance on a used phone. I may be wrong though.
  12.    #12  
    i wanted this phone ever sinds it is produced by Palm. Unfortunately i live in the netherlands, and it is not possible to by a Palm Pre. In the past i used treo 650 and 680 and i never had any problem. So i found someone who buyed the phone in spain and he sold it to me. The problem is the spain carrier Movistar does not provide service in the netherlands. So to use it here i had to play some tricks. First i used a rebel simcard, now i have it unlocked. I think sinds the unlock the USB function is gone. When i place a usb cord it automatically starts charching.
    I have had a discussion with the palm support and they tell me to go to phone support, only this applies to north america. Now i figure i have to wait until the next update and hope it will work again.
    they only allow it when you first activate it. Some have posted here that they took insurance when they activated something from craigs list. It may vary by carrier. However, if it is activated to a current account, they should certainly provide warranty support. That's why its harder to find warranty support from palm sometimes. And when you do, you often have to send it in for repair and have nothing until it comes back. A carrier is more in a position to repair or exchange.

in other words, I would assume that palm doesn't stock as many phones and parts for a VZ phone, because VZ does that. Same for all manufacturers that sell brand-locked phones.

when palm has offered unlocked ohones on palm.com, palm would be on the hook to support those.