1.    #1  
    okay I have a unique problem. My palm pre, an original btw bought last summer, was in my pocket yesterday when I stumbled rather forcibly into a metal railing. I later discover that there are now a spider web of cracks extending from the bottom and the touch screen is unresponsive. Totally understandable. I think if someone shoved me into a metal railing I'd have the same problem. However, thanks to the keyboard I can still do things like make calls and...well that's about it I suppose, while I'm waiting for my new pre to arrive.

The problem is that I had a 7 am alarm set when I broke it. It went off this morning and I found I could select the snooze button by clicking the silver orb. The problem is the alarm now goes off every 10 minutes. Since I didn't need the theme song to "Speed Racer" going off in the middle of mass or at work, the phone is currently turned off. I'd like to know if there is a way to either turn the alarm off or at least select the dismiss button. The fate of my phone usage is in your hands.
    The best thing I can think of is doing a restart when you need to turn the alarm off... Hold 'Orange' + 'Sym' + 'R' to make your phone restart.
  3.    #3  
    mm I forgot to mention that I've experimented with that as well. At first I just did a restart but low and behold, it still went off at the 10 minute mark. The second time I decided if it was rebooting during the 10 minute mark then maybe it would reset the timer back to null. However, it instead went off as soon as the phone booted up.
    Quote Originally Posted by torpedomagnet View Post
    mm I forgot to mention that I've experimented with that as well. At first I just did a restart but low and behold, it still went off at the 10 minute mark. The second time I decided if it was rebooting during the 10 minute mark then maybe it would reset the timer back to null. However, it instead went off as soon as the phone booted up.
    You might be able to ssh into the phone and hack the database that controls alarms, maybe delete it. What ever you do, do not doctor. You will have a useless phone. Because the screen is unresponsive, you will not be able to set it back up
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

5.    #5  
    alright never mind on this actually. I had the phone shut off for a few hours and just revived it. My alarm problem appears to be over. I'll have this problem again tomorrow obviously but I'll likely just try a similar method of fixing, unless someone else has a better idea for me!

EDIT: I just saw your post fain, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, ssh-ing of any kind is firmly beyond my grasp =)
    Hey there.. I actually have the same problem. My Pre has cracks from the bottom of the screen. The bottom third of the screen is unresponsive, but the top 2/3 still works. Its very frustrating to use. If I can slide certain things up I can use them(such as emails or texts) but I cannot use anything on the bottom of the screen. Sometimes I have to turn the phone off then right back on to get the touchscreen to respond at the top even. I have an alarm that goes off every tuesday night to remind me to put trash out on wednesday morning. When it goes off I have no way to turn it off. so I just let it sit when it goes off the first time. I dont even open or turn it on and it just quits after a while. Fortunately I can let it just sit all night whereas you need it thru your day im guessing. I know I have not really helped your problem but maybe its good to know your not the only one with this problem:0)