Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    last night while my pre was charging on the touchstone, the battery alert kept going off every few seconds. The night started ok and this did not start happening until a few hours after it had been charging normally.
    I installed the patch to disable the sound but the notification still pops up on the screen and wakes the screen up
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This seems to be a fairly common problem, as I've discovered in other threads. I had the same issue. Apparently it is the touchstone itself that malfunctions and starts intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting to the phone. I went through two touchstone replacements before getting one that doesn't do the same thing. And as with yours, they worked fine for a few hours before starting to act weird. So, I'd suggest trying a new touchstone.
    My car charger does the same thing, so I can't charge it in my car. Pain in the ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    last night while my pre was charging on the touchstone, the battery alert kept going off every few seconds. The night started ok and this did not start happening until a few hours after it had been charging normally.
    I installed the patch to disable the sound but the notification still pops up on the screen and wakes the screen up
    A couple things to check....

1. Adjust the position of the phone on the charger slightly in several directions and see if this remedies it. It has happened to me a few times.

2. Make sure you are using the Palm A/C adapter and cable that came with your pone to power the TouchStone. Some adapters do not put out enough power to run the Touchstone properly but seem to charge your phone via the USB port fine. This type scenario will give you exactly what you experienced. Also sometimes it will charge fine then when additional power is needed for data or something else, it will start the disconnect cycle. This also has happened to me. I started using the Palm adapter and everything works fine now and has for a long time.

I hope you figure it out. It can be annoying.