1.    #1  
    well i think i might jump on the Evo bandwagon and give android a spin for a while. but i'm planning on giving my pre to the gf.

so when i get her set up with a palm account i'm assuming all the apps that i paid for won't be usable anymore..?

if so should i delete stuff before switching over or will it automatically be deleted?

is there anything that will stay that i should delete? like pictures, songs, video..?
    why not just have her use your palm profile?
    If you are completely switching to a whole new profile then you can do the erase all apps and data this will wipe out the USB portion of the device. Then your girlfriend can create her own profile and use the device.

If later on you decide to use a webOS device you can sign into the device and all your data will come back to the device minus the USB data of course (e.g. photos, music videos, etc)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    ok, first let me get over the hurt feelings that you are moving to android.....ok, there.

Now, as the post above says, there is no reason not to let her use your palm profile so she has all the apps you bought. You can even log in to your profile on palm.com and change the profile address to her email address...

but, prepare for an argument when you realize you hate android and ask your GF to give your Pre back to you.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/28/2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Also change the password on your Profile if you use the same one for other things (Facebook, email, etc...)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ok, first let me get over the hurt feelings that you are moving to android.....ok, there.

Now, as the post above says, there is no reason not to let her use your palm profile so she has all the apps you bought. You can even log in to your profile on palm.com and change the profile address to her email address...

but, prepare for an argument when you realize you hate android and ask your GF to give your Pre back to you.
    ha! i'm not leaving cuz i don't like webos or anything. i just like to try different stuff.
    i figure even if i don't like android too much i'll be able to sell the evo in a couple months for a little profit i can go back to the pre in september when she can upgrade to whatever she wants. although i might have to try a windows phone 7 after that. getting more gamerpoints from games on my phone? sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    ha! i'm not leaving cuz i don't like webos or anything. i just like to try different
    I totally respect that and hope to see you return in the future!