1.    #1  
    I have suddenly been inundated by link back posts from boy genius report.com and endgaget

someone make them stop please
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Uh yeah - me too! 29 messages at the same time from exactly the same.
    I only got one, but it was from a post from last year. No idea what they are.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I think it means another site quotes you and provides a link back to your original post. I had one and clicked on it and it sent me to another site with palm news
    that quoted one of my posts on its blog.
    Click on the linkback and find out where it goes...
    mine goes to another precentral thread, that I haven't posted to. How do I make it go away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    mine goes to another precentral thread, that I haven't posted to. How do I make it go away?
    Well, I am guessing that someone in that thread quoted a post of yours, see if you can find the citation in the thread. If you then object, I suppose you can write to the person and ask them to edit their post. Not sure why you would want to do that though.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  8.    #8  
    they are linking back to threads about GPS problems -- and i have been contributing to alot of those threads so i have been swamped
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Yea..this has been so annoying. I went into my email program and set a "filter" if Subject begins with "New LinkBack to post", automatically move to the Trash...

it has been so much better after I set that up!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Yea..this has been so annoying. I went into my email program and set a "filter" if Subject begins with "New LinkBack to post", automatically move to the Trash...

it has been so much better after I set that up!
    Great idea! Is this a new feature here at precentral or did someone just learn how to use it and they're getting linkback crazy. There should be an option to unsubscribe to linkbacks.
    Hey all

Apologies. We have never really bothered with the link back feature and thought we might approve a bunch to see what the effect was. We didn't realize that the forums would inundate you all with email. Really sorry about the hassle there.

We will make doubly sure that annoying emails won't go out on these before we do anything with link backs again.
    Well, it happened again. 29 emails in 2 minutes...

I've setup a filter in my gmail account.

Expect lots of messages in the forum about this
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg