Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It types fine, but when I hit send, it never sends, just a blank screen. Ive tried removing the contact and re-adding, even deleting and adding under another name...same thing. Only happens with one specific person. Any thoughts?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Invalid phone number? Can you text that person using the same phone number with a different phone (preferably over the same network)?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    I can call the number just no text. And she gets tons of texts all the time, its her preferred method of contact.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I wonder if you would get a different result if you made a new contact with a different name and gave it the same phone number?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Have you tried without having the number saved at all after you removed it?
    (Just type the number xxx-xxx-xxxx and send text from that?)
    This happened to me before. Make sure you don't have a 1 before the area code.
  7.    #7  
    deleted the contact and typed it into the text by hand (Just typed the number xxx-xxx-xxxx and send text)...still the same result. And this is the only one I cant text...weird...thoughts?
    Dave
    I made a thread like this too. I have the exact same issue. Supposedly, AT&T is having network issues.
    this happened to me once....i give up on it...
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    same thing on Bell, although I haven't texted every number I have, I do have one that I can't text and is very annoying since I normally only texted to that number.

oh well. I'm hoping new hardware or software will fix this.
    Did this particular contact call you (before it was a saved contact in your phone) and then you sent them a text (before it was a saved contact)? If so, this is a particular bug that I believe Palm is aware of. If you do a search, I think they're other threads that speak about this issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Do we have an update on this? This same thing happened to me last night, and I can't seem to fix it. I'm not doctoring the phone, and none of suggestions I've found thus far have worked. I've seen reports of this problem as far back as last June and July, so I'm not sure how this problem has slipped through the cracks for this long.
    I've got one contact like this as well. Odd thing is I cannot receive texts from this number as well.

The contact, and manual SMS number is in 10 digit format, it is to a Verizon number, I use Sprint, and I can send/receive SMS from this contact on my Google Voice number just fine.

When I attempt to hit the SMS button I get the following log...(Note I removed the exact time and the phone number shown in the log was replaced with X's (it had the proper 7 digit number, even though I entered all 10 digits.

Code:
    2010-04-19T17:00:00.000000Z [40514] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Error: service request: Service Method Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: 01) XXX-XXXX, palmInitFramework338:2520
    Would love to get this fixed...
    I have this exact same problem on Sprint. I have one contact which I cannot send or receive texts from. When I go to the contact and hit the sms icon, nothing happens. It doesn't launch the sms app.

I can send a text if I go to the sms app and manually type the number. But it doesn't show the contact's name in the sms list.

i've tried deleting and recreating the contact. I have doctored my Pre. I've put the number under a different name. All do not fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Had the problem always exist with these contacts or did it suddenly develop?
    I had this same problem and did detailed user testing to figure out exactly what corrupts the contact. You will not be able to receive or send texts to the contact unless you wipe out your phone. See this forum posting:

forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Software/message-log-not-correctly-associated-with-contact/td-p/278236/

I can't post a link so Google "palm forums message log not correctly associated with contact" and it should be the first link for forums.palm.com.

I have not heard back from Palm since April.
    Last edited by aldogg254; 08/24/2010 at 06:10 PM.
    i tried to text a friend a couple weeks ago and discovered this issue. no possible way to text the number. doctored my phone (first time ever with my original (day before)launch day pre) and it sent just fine.

the next day when i talked to him he didn't even get the text anyway because the phone he had (his mothers really old phone) doesn't get texts anyway haha >_<
    In some cases this happens, because contacts are linked that shouldn't be. It was happening right after I had doctored and logged back in to my Palm Profile.

It was starting to drive me crazy, then when I looked I realized it had linked all of my contacts crazily and basically didn't know where to send the text when I tried to send it, as there were several numbers in each linked contact.

Like it linked my son and my dad, who do not share the same name, number, state or anything.

Then another friend of mine in MN and another who lives in B.C., again no similarities.

I had to manually unlink them all and once I did, I was able to contact everyone without any more problems.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I had the same problem. . . And doing a partial erade fix my problem
    I know exactly what you're going through. It happened to me when I tried to send a long text to my girlfriend too. Pretty much. Extract Palmdatabase.com and delete everything in it. I would show you have to extract it but I'm on my Pre and I can't remember the path to extract it. But when you extract it, you can PM me or just post here.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast