1.    #1  
    So Since we were given that cool video camera for our pres, i seem to take nothing but videos now haha But i went to a concert last night and i took video instead of pics and lets just say i am impresed with the sound quality and video quality BTW the band is called Framing Hanley if your looking to branch out a bit

=)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Thought I saw this same video a month ago >_>
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm pretty impressed with the camera too. For the first time most of my pictures aren't blurry and it's easy to take videos. Here are two videos I took with my Palm Pre driving in my vintage MGB GT.

April 17, 2010 fast drive up deer creek until a stuck car. The Palm Pre was held by a suction cup mount and has a lot of vibration which gives it that shaky cam look.

Drove up the 33 from Ojai, CA to go to Buttonwillow Raceway for the May 1-2, 2010 VARA race and British car show. Taken with my Palm Pre and a magnetic wide angle lens. The Palm Pre was held to the rear view mirror with two rubber bands, definitely better than the suction cup.

Wow - that's really cool! What type of wide angle do you have that will magnetically attach to the Pre? I'm interested.

Great video!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Wow - that's really cool! What type of wide angle do you have that will magnetically attach to the Pre? I'm interested.

Great video!
    Thanks, I had fun driving. I'd like it to be a little less of a fish eye. I was trying to get more of the width of the car while I'm driving than the standard lens gives me. I'm using the Fish-Eye Lens for Digital & Mobile Phone Cameras by FishEye. It cost me $20.50 USD at Amazon.

Amazon.com: Fish-Eye Lens for Digital & Mobile Phone Cameras: Camera & Photo

In the first picture you can see the sticky ring that you attach to the phone. It seems to partially obscure the flash, but I haven't seen a difference in performance.

The second picture shows the lens on the phone. It does stick out a bit doesn't it?

Here's a still of a video using the standard lens.

With the fish eye lens it looks a little blurry, but when the video is playing it looks faster and you can see the road and car as if you were sitting in the car instead of half the hood/bonnet.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tannyo; 05/28/2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Very nice!!

Clever to find a mod for the Pre camera. Where do you live? Those are some sweet driving roads! Any speed traps out that way? That'd be killer for a car with full suspension and brake upgrades.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Very nice!!

Clever to find a mod for the Pre camera. Where do you live? Those are some sweet driving roads! Any speed traps out that way? That'd be killer for a car with full suspension and brake upgrades.

I live in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Yes, there are the occasional speed traps. Most of the roads I drive are in the Santa Monica mountains near Malibu. Muholland highway and Latigo Canyon Road are pretty nice to drive.
    Dude - that is AWESOME! Best mod I've seen to date. I'm DEF checking out the Fish-Eye. That has to be fun! Do the magnets hold well or does it slip around some?

Great pics - thanks for sharing!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Dude - that is AWESOME! Best mod I've seen to date. I'm DEF checking out the Fish-Eye. That has to be fun! Do the magnets hold well or does it slip around some?

Great pics - thanks for sharing!
    The magnet holds very well.
    too bad the app freezes half of the time
    can that thing be removed easily? does it leave any marks or anything?

Also are there any similar lenses that just increase zoom or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    I live in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Yes, there are the occasional speed traps. Most of the roads I drive are in the Santa Monica mountains near Malibu. Muholland highway and Latigo Canyon Road are pretty nice to drive.
    You should get some pics/videos driving up & down the coast highway - that would be cool!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You should get some pics/videos driving up & down the coast highway - that would be cool!
    Videos
    Without the fisheye lens:
    With the fisheye lens:

Photos
    2009 July 26 Central Coast British Car Show
    2009 Day After Thanksgiving Run
    2009 October 25 Road Trip with Jane
    2009 November 1 - Best of France and Italy at Woodley Park
    2010 Old Country Tour
    2010 May 1st at Button Willow
    2010 May 31 Memorial Day Run
    Last edited by tannyo; 06/16/2010 at 11:23 AM.