1.    #1  
    i bought my pre+ a little over a month ago, and had ghost armor installed the next day. just recently (less than a week) the rear speaker has crapped out. i read on here that others have had similar problems when working in a metal shop, which is what i do. i was just wondering if i should remove the armor before taking it in to verizon, appreciate any help
    that looks just like my ZAGG. It wouldn't void any warranty. But, my zagg has it's own lifetime warranty so if I have to exchange the phone, I take the zagg off before returning the old phone so I can send the used zagg back for a free replacement.

If the ghost armor has the same lifetime guaranty, then you probably need to keep it in the event that you replace the phone. I wouldn't take it off until you have to give up the old phone in exchange.

Also, you should try calling VZ customer service for this. I find them sooooo much more helpful than the in-store techs. And getting them to exchange a defective phone is easier because they don't want to argue. They will generally send you an advanced replacement which you can migrate to, and they include a return fedex label to you can just drop it off at kinkos within 10 days of getting the replacement.

I never go in to the stores for technical issues unless it's an emergency.

...just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by livelikekings View Post
    i bought my pre+ a little over a month ago, and had ghost armor installed the next day. just recently (less than a week) the rear speaker has crapped out. i read on here that others have had similar problems when working in a metal shop, which is what i do. i was just wondering if i should remove the armor before taking it in to verizon, appreciate any help
    Take off the battery cover and see if you can dislodge the metal from around the speaker ?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that looks just like my ZAGG. It wouldn't void any warranty. But, my zagg has it's own lifetime warranty so if I have to exchange the phone, I take the zagg off before returning the old phone so I can send the used zagg back for a free replacement.

If the ghost armor has the same lifetime guaranty, then you probably need to keep it in the event that you replace the phone. I wouldn't take it off until you have to give up the old phone in exchange.

Also, you should try calling VZ customer service for this. I find them sooooo much more helpful than the in-store techs. And getting them to exchange a defective phone is easier because they don't want to argue. They will generally send you an advanced replacement which you can migrate to, and they include a return fedex label to you can just drop it off at kinkos within 10 days of getting the replacement.

I never go in to the stores for technical issues unless it's an emergency.

...just sayin'
    GA also has a lifetime warranty, i just don't want to remove it, take it into the store and they just replace the speaker (another user said that's what they did when he took his in for the same issue) but then i also don't want to take it in and they say it's voided because of the armor. i guess i'll try calling customer service to see if it voids it then just go in store...thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Take off the battery cover and see if you can dislodge the metal from around the speaker ?
    i've tried that. i used the air compressor at very very low psi and also tried a magnet to no avail.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Its been my experience they usually just replace the entire phone (of course thats Sprint). So you're likely looking at having to remove the skin and apply a new one anyway. Ghost Armor should supply you with a free replacement skin if you explain the problem, I know Zaggs and BodyGaurdz do.
    Wow I don't remember hearing of anyone having the speaker replaced, usually that falls in line with stuff carriers won't touch since the phones are under manufacturer warranty anyways.
  7.    #7  
    here's where i read that they would replace just the speaker:

Quote Originally Posted by xtraspin View Post
    my external speaker was blown...My sprint corporate store took 15mins to swap out the speaker..works great..
    BTW- I have a pre from launch day with no problems so I hoping that they would not swap my phone out.
    the thread is titled "so my speaker is completley blown... ", i can't link to it since my post count isn't to 10 yet

i called ahead of time and they told me that the armor won't affect warranty, so i took it in and they took it in the back to see if they could fix it, came back a few minutes later and told me that they would just replace it instead. now i gotta wait until next week to get the replacement, this time i'll do like another user did and buy some type of foam to place behind the speaker grill to prevent this from happening again. thanks everyone for the advice!
    Most people dont realize this, but Ghost Armor or any other after market "Shields" applied to your cell phone does in fact void your warrenty. They are either using water or liquid or excesive heat to apply these products to your phone. The carriers and manufactures are not required to replace your device after it has been altered by the user. Just a FYI..
    Quote Originally Posted by bonitagirl View Post
    Most people dont realize this, but Ghost Armor or any other after market "Shields" applied to your cell phone does in fact void your warrenty. They are either using water or liquid or excesive heat to apply these products to your phone. The carriers and manufactures are not required to replace your device after it has been altered by the user. Just a FYI..
    ummm ......... what! --- every "shield" i have ever put on has used static as an adheisive
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    ummm ......... what! --- every "shield" i have ever put on has used static as an adheisive
    Ghost Armor, Zaggs Invisible Shield, BodyGuardz.. all of these products and many more require you to apply a bit of soapy water to apply the shield. Its almost like window tint on a car.

If you pull it off they'll never know it was on there. Well unless they figure it our from the Pristine look of hardware.